PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on where to get a 6 foot table?

klatty
07-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I cant seem to find them anywhere?!

I know a company from England makes them: BCE but I cannot find them in the US at all, nor any other makers of 6 foot tables.

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Frank

ceebee
07-02-2005, 09:42 AM
There used to be some 6 foot bar boxes, in the '60s. Nobody really wants to play on that kind of table anymore, so the 6 foot tables are no longer manufactured.

I have seen one or two sold on ebay.

Bob_Jewett
07-02-2005, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote klatty:</font><hr> I cant seem to find them anywhere?!

I know a company from England makes them: BCE but I cannot find them in the US at all, nor any other makers of 6 foot tables.

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>
Start calling companies directly. A local restaurant has three "modern antique" 6-foot pool tables, and I'm sure they were made in the last 20 years. But I found playing on such a table with standard balls to be very crowded.

I suspect you would be disappointed with a BCE 6-foot table, as it will probably come with 2-inch balls, a cue ball smaller than the object balls, and snooker-like pockets and cushions, both of which are nothing like pool equipment. The table is intended for English 8-ball in pubs. Or, you might like it.

Brunswick, Diamond, Rebco, Olhausen, Valley, --- The BCA probably has a list of them including telephone numbers.

dg-in-centralpa
07-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Check with your local gaming vendor, the guy who puts in juke boxes, pinballs, etc. Sometimes they'll have one sitting around.

DG

Brad
07-12-2005, 01:21 PM
If you're looking for a new table, Olhausen will make you a 6 footer. If you're after a used table, try New York. I'm told there was a time(not too long ago) when that the only size that was allowed in taverns. There are probably a lot of them still sitting around somewhere, if they haven't been burned. Someone from that area may know more. Try calling a New York area vending company or retailer.

Snyder1
07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Yup, the Oldhausen dealer in Parsippany, NJ has one in stock right now ...

J

christopheradams
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote klatty:</font><hr> I cant seem to find them anywhere?!

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Frank <hr /></blockquote>

Why a 6footer. You don't have the space for a 7foot bar box or 8footer? I play on a 7footer barbox at work every night and can't imagine how bad it would be if you shrunk that table down another foot.

AMF and another company makes a 9foot table designed for the outdoors. Maybe thats an option. I put my old table outdoors when I got my new table and cover it up with a canopy. Its fun at cookouts and when I feel like playing pool outside on a nice day.

Kmart/Walmart sells a cheap 6footer but I think the best use for that table would be for fire wood at a good camp out /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

klatty
07-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Sorry I have not been around. I started a new job and moved into my apt etc etc....

Anyway, like I just said, I live in an apartment. It's not huge so a 7 footer would have completely dominated my living room. I just got a 6 footer two days ago and while it IS small, it's still fun to play on.

I found a slate (one piece) 6 footer with 7 cues of varying length, a nice corner stand with cup holders, tons of chalk, a triangle and 9 ball rack and PERFECT new felt for 250.

I had to drive up to north jersey but I feel like this was a steal.

Thanks for all the help guys

Bibleman
07-16-2005, 10:24 AM
If standard 2.25" pool balls are used, a 3' x 6' table would be so cramped that playing good pool would be impossible.

They had one of these small bar tables in a league here years ago (approx 50" x 25" ) and nobody EVER ran a rack. Players did very well to finish games in four or five innings.

The concentration of balls made position play impossible. Connecting a series of shots into a logical run was very difficult or impossible.

Even with 2" snooker balls a 3' x 6' might be too restricted to really play the game.

A 3-1/2 x 7 table is about the smallest table that real pool can be played on. A 3-1/2 x 7 begins to have cramping problems, but knowledgeable players can use this to advantage. A 3' x 6' complicates matters to where there is zero margin for error in addition to facing absolutely impossible layouts.
Bibleman

klatty
07-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Did you read my last post? I said I already got the table....

Or was this just your way of telling me you wouldn't be coming over to play with me?

Bibleman
07-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Didn't notice that you got the table. But you would be correct I am not interested in playing on such tough equipment.

My preference would be a 3-1/2 x 7.
Bibleman