PDA

View Full Version : TV Listings Incorrect

Thunderduck
07-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Most of the ESPN listings for Billiards on tv were incorrect this month in the billiards digest calendar... most shows listed did not occur, many matches happened that werent listed. Is there a more accurate "billiards on tv" list?

Rich R.
07-03-2005, 05:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Thunderduck:</font><hr> Most of the ESPN listings for Billiards on tv were incorrect this month in the billiards digest calendar... most shows listed did not occur, many matches happened that werent listed. Is there a more accurate "billiards on tv" list? <hr /></blockquote>
I go directly to ESPN's web site for their TV listings, however, that is no guarantee that they will be correct. ESPN changes their programing all of the time. I believe they changed their schedule, for this month, which may be one of the reasons the schedule from Billiards Digest was incorrect.

Sid_Vicious
07-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Y'all shouldn't feel like the pregnant piss ant, I looked at TV Guide on-line guide yesterday morning and it only had one hour of ESPN pool showing to play. The entire media is against us...sid ;-)

Rich R.
07-03-2005, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Y'all shouldn't feel like the pregnant piss ant, I looked at TV Guide on-line guide yesterday morning and it only had one hour of ESPN pool showing to play. The entire media is against us...sid ;-) <hr /></blockquote>
Sid, I believe the blame has to sit squarely on the shoulders of ESPN. They provide their schedules to the other media. Then they turn around and change their schedule, without notifying anyone. Of course, for the print media, it would be too late anyway.

On one occassion, when they did not show the pool event scheduled on their own web site, I emailed them to complain. They responded by saying that "live" sports shows take priority over taped shows. The only problem with this response was that they not only showed another taped program, instead of the pool, they showed the same show twice, back to back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif