PDA

View Full Version : Tournament announcement area.

Popcorn
07-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Is there a reason this board doesn't have one? Many small local tournaments neither can or would actually advertise, say a $25.00 entry fee events that are in no way professional sports promotions, most of the time the room putting it on lose money. I just saw a one day one pocket tournament in the Orlando area I may go to that I would never have known about if not for the AZ tournament section. But don't read AZ most of the time, I read here and it would be a nice addition. I don't believe they belong on the discussion area but they should have a place. Just my opinion.

Rich R.
07-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I've seen many tournament anouncements on the CCB. There doesn't seem to be any problem, unless the anouncement is combined with an advertisement for the sponsor.

Popcorn
07-04-2005, 07:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I've seen many tournament anouncements on the CCB. There doesn't seem to be any problem, unless the anouncement is combined with an advertisement for the sponsor.
<hr /></blockquote>

That's not the point. An announcement posted to the board just comes and goes and is very easy to never see it. They never get replies so they just go off the board. If you are like me I keep my settings for only the last day and don't go searching all over the place to see every thread. I just check the board and some I see and some I don't if it doesn't get bumped back to the top I may never see some threads. Take for instance now with the Hal thread. It is so overwhelming and long it is very easy for a new thread to be lost in the shuffle. A separate section will have the announcement there and you can just check it from time to time and see what is going on. They could stay for say 30 days.

rukiddingme
07-05-2005, 02:25 AM
great idea...how do we get this accomplished?
ruk

Rich R.
07-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Popcorn, I don't disagree with your idea, however, as with all of the internet forums, we are at the mercy of those who run them. It is obvious that the powers in charge of this forum have elected not to have a tournament section. They have also elected not to have a section for sales, as some other forums have.
We just have to work with what we do have.

Maybe those who post tournament annoucements, should come back and bump them up every couple of days. The problem is, many who post these announcements do not participate in the CCB and they don't know that their post has, in effect, be lost. Those that are really interested in getting the word out, will make sure their post stays active. JMHO.

JMD in VA
07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
"An announcement posted to the board just comes and goes and is very easy to never see it. They never get replies so they just go off the board."

On the contrary. I have posted about my tournament on the forum twice and have replies on each of them. I think it is important for tournament promoters to have the ability to post about tournaments here b/c this is the main forum. Some probably don't get a chance to go to the other forums here or on other web sites or they don't go at all. This is the best way for small promoters get a chance to make something big out of there tournaments! JMHO

JMD in VA
18 Days to the 2nd VA State 9 Ball Championships &amp;
76 Days to the 30th US Open 9 Ball Championships!

Yeah Baby!

Popcorn
07-05-2005, 07:51 PM
I have to be honest I never saw your posting. I just went looking for it and since I didn't know what I was looking for it took two trips through the list before I found it. Lets suppose I decide I am interested in your tournament a week from now and don't even remember who posted it or what the title was, wouldn't it be easier if it was just in one place where I could quickly access the information? Barring spaming the board with your tournament posts it will be gone all together in no time.

Rich R.
07-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Popcorn, I don't believe anyone disagrees with your idea. However, the bottom line is, if the administration of this forum does not want a seperate tournament section, we ain't gettin' one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JMD in VA
07-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Tap, Tap Rich!

JMD in VA

Jakal
07-06-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree with Popcorn that there should be a separate section devoted to tournaments and obviously, as Rich has stated, only the admin. has the power to create such a section. However, I do believe that the most effective way to get a section devoted to tournaments is through a thread such as this one. After all, the admin. is more likely to respond to the amount of participation demonstrated within this type of thread versus Popcorn sending them a private message requesting a tournament section.

JimS
07-07-2005, 04:49 AM
I don't want a seperate section to have to check every day. Just post a new thread in this section and it will be seen by everyone who posts or lurks once or twice a week.

If your tournament were listed in a seperate section I'd never see it because most listings in that section would have nothing to do with me and I'd get sick of checking it.

If you make a thread in the regular section and entitle it something like "1 Pkt tournament in Illinois", I'd see it and check it out and I'd skip the one that was for a Florida tournament.

Eric.
07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.pool4u.com/

Eric