PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder to all VA and DC Players!

JMD in VA
07-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi guys! Just to remind all of you VA and DC players that the 2nd Annual Virginia State 9 Ball Championships is under 20 days away and there are just a few spots left. The sooner you get your entry in, the better the chance to get one of the few spots remaining. If you need any info on the tournament, go to this website:

http://www.va-pool.com/

and go to "Tournament" link and the flyer is posted there.

Let's show the world that this state has some top notch players by sending our best to the 30th US Open!

My thanks to all who have signed up and can't wait to see you on th 23-24!

JMD in VA
Joshua M. Dickerson
Tournament Director/ Promoter

P.S. For those of you who have signed up already, don't forget that we will be selling shirts @ the tournament this year with the tournament logo on it! Take Care!

RailbirdJAM
07-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Chris Lauer of Fredericksburg is the current Virginia State 9-Ball Champion, and this year, he will be faced with quite a few contenders.

Many of our friends are coming, Josh, and I look forward to The Playing Field and getting me another bowl of their award-winning chili!

Last year, the tournament ran smooth as butter. It is always a pleasure to attend an event where all players are treated equal and can enjoy a level playing field. Thanks for all your hard work, and I'll see you on the 23rd, maybe the 22nd! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RailbirdJAM

Rich R.
07-06-2005, 03:09 AM
I'm just bumping this up, for Popcorn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JMD in VA
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks Rich. Looks like we are going to have a great tournament! Some repeat players from last year and some new talent! See you in 17 days!

JMD in VA

cueball1950
07-06-2005, 09:05 PM
gee....maybe if i stayed with keith or maybe rich r and kathy i can qualify as a resident. that means no ryan mccreesh right. he's from maryland
are there ever any exceptions made. even for a c player......................mike

JMD in VA
07-07-2005, 03:10 PM
No but I think I will need a good color commentator to call the matches with me! Come on down Mike! LOL

JMD in VA
16 Days to the 2nd VA State 9 Ball Championships and counting!

Rich R.
07-07-2005, 07:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> gee....maybe if i stayed with keith or maybe rich r and kathy i can qualify as a resident. <hr /></blockquote>Mike, we live in Maryland, so I don't qualify either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cueball1950
07-07-2005, 07:37 PM
i know rich. just trying to sneak one past JMD.....lololol well you can't kill a guy for trying...lol.....mike

RailbirdJAM
07-11-2005, 12:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> gee....maybe if i stayed with keith or maybe rich r and kathy i can qualify as a resident. that means no ryan mccreesh right. he's from maryland
are there ever any exceptions made. even for a c player......................mike <hr /></blockquote>

LOL. Hi, Mike. Yep, that means no Ryans, no Mike Davises, no Jerry Slivkas, and no Danny Greens. Last year, Keith played pretty darn good, and I had my eye on that beautiful first-place plaque AND the $500 entry fee for the U.S. Open, plus some traveling cash! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The finals of the double-elimination event was one extended race, and although Keith captured the hotseat, he couldn't get there, getting beat by Fredericksburg's finest Chris Lauer. I think he got cold waiting for the losers' bracket to play out, and Chris is a tough competitor, to boot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'm looking forward to the 23rd and 24th. Everybody is talking about this tournament in my neck of the woods, and I have no idea who is going to show up. Win or lose, though, it is going to be one fine extravaganza, and I can't wait! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I will bring my camera and provide some pics. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RailbirdJAM