PDA

View Full Version : Fun with fireworks.

Chopstick
07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Nothing like a bunch of drunk rednecks with explosives to liven up the neighborhood. I went over to my firend Jay's house to see his fireworks show. They buy fireworks all year long just for the fourth. Of course it was dark and of course nobody thought to bring a flashlight. That is except me. Being as it gets dark every day I keep one cause I'll probably need it sometime.

I walked up behind this young feller who had a five pack mortor shell in his hand. For those of you who don't know what a mortor shell is, it goes boom in a big way and this one did it five times. Well he was trying to read the label on the bottom (incidently that's where the fuse is) with a cigarette lighter.

He had it and the cigarette lighter about two inches from his face turning it around trying to read it. I said "Son, do you know what that label says? IT SAYS DO NOT READ THIS LABEL WITH A CIGARETTE LIGHTER!" I shined the flashlight for him. Turns out he was trying to figure out which end went up. A useful piece of information.

Surprisingly enough we only had one causualty that night. Some kind of malfunction with a roman candle. A guy burned his hand pretty good. It looked like it might have been second degree. He was hurting that night but I hear he's better today. Wonder boy, mentioned above, managed to shoot his own house with a big sky rocket.

All in all, not a bad night.

theinel
07-06-2005, 11:52 PM
I live in Florida too and I don't know if we just have lax regulations or if it's like this everywhere but I just couldn't believe the stuff that you can buy legally here. Some of the fireworks my friends bought this year are probably classed as weapons of mass destruction by the Bush administration.