PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall Junkies

9 Ball Girl
06-14-2002, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know exactly when it is that the delayed movie, "Pool Hall Junkies" is due to come out? It stars Chazz Palmenteri, Rick Schroeder, and others (as a matter of fact, I believe that Mike Massey makes a cameo). I heard that this movie is suppose to sort of pick up where "The Color of Money" left off.

Rip
06-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Coincidentally, the move made it’s “World Premiere” at the CineVegas Film Festival held at the Palms Resort in Las Vegas this week. As you walked into the venue you were greeted by Mike Massey entertaining the crowd on an Olhausen Pro table which was the table featured throughout the film. Release and distribution for the film has not been finalized but considering Christopher Walken, Chazz Palmenterri, Rod Steiger and Rick Schroder are featured, I wouldn’t expect the film to remain in the can much longer. I’m not a film critic but I expect most pool players will enjoy the film as the gambling and actions scenes are more realistic than previous pool related movies.
If you have the chance to see “Bubba Ho-Tep” buy some popcorn and enjoy this off the wall, non-pool related movie. It could be released by end of summer with Bruce Campbell and Ossie Davis in starring roles.
Regards, Rip~~enjoys B movies

9 Ball Girl
06-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Thanks RIP. I CAN'T wait!!!!

06-19-2002, 02:36 PM
9 Ball girl, I know how you feel man. I know this may sound somewhat sacriligous but, after about 40 viewings, I'm getting tired of The Hustler, and the Color of Money was pretty weak. But because its pool and some of the hustles are good, I watched that about 10 times.
PS: a female deeply into pool is just so sexy.

9 Ball Girl
06-19-2002, 02:48 PM
I couldn't agree with you more! I love the Hustler better than I do the Color of Money, but a pool movie is a pool movie and I love them both! Sometimes I buy movies only because there's a pool scene involved (Carlito's Way--I actually liked that one, Mystic Pizza, etc.)

As far as being a female who is deeply into pool, there are a lot of us like me in this CCB.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2002, 09:14 AM
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=12521