PDA

View Full Version : About Ring Game...?

tito
07-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone.-

I write because Iīve got a doubt about ring game that played in the Derby City Classic 2005. I read in BD about the ring game that played with ten balls, is that true?, I mean, I know that DB donīt write lies, but how is that game?

Ring game is a " game " with a 10 balls rack?, if so, which is the winning ball, the nine ball or ten? if is the nine, when you pocket the ten?, I guess the winning ball is the ten ball, so the balls are pocket in rotation.

I can understand how exactaly the ring game is played, or the rules of the ring game with the ten balls rack.

I hope that someboby can help me to understand this, thanks a lot for all.

Cane
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Tito,

Ten ball is a rotation pool game just like 9 ball, except that 10 balls are racked and the 10 ball is the money (or winning ball). A 10-ball rack is basically just the 1 through 10 balls racked in a triangle, the 1 ball on the head of the rack and the 10 ball in the middle of the third row, the rest random in the rack. Basically, the same rules as 9-Ball. I think you can go to the BCA website and find the complete rules for the game. If not, then I'm sure they're somewhere online.

10-ball is a GREAT game. Most players won't break in as high a percentage of balls on the break (no wing balls to rocket into the corners) and that extra ball on the table makes a difference in the amount of traffic you have to play position around. I'm a huge 10-ball fan, for ring games or for heads up play.

Later,
Bob

sliprock
07-08-2005, 09:04 AM
The game was 10-ball. The rules are the same as 9-ball but the winning ball is the 10 ball. Most of the time that you see 3 or more strong players in a ring game, they will be playing 10-ball. 10-ball will slow down the strong breakers a little and offer the other players more shots. I've played in 9-ball ring games and been down 7 or 8 games before I get my first shot, due to a late draw and guy's running several racks each. This could happen in 10-ball but is less likely..

tito
07-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks Sliprock and Bod for the information, now I understand whatīs mean ring game and how pro play it.

really thanks for all.

Iīm going to add to my practice, I know that some pros do it.

Scott Lee
07-09-2005, 12:26 PM
tito...All "ring game" means, is that more than two players are playing. There are many pool games that can be played with multiple players. 9-ball & 10-ball are just the most common. Usually ring games are only played when gambling.

Scott Lee