PDA

View Full Version : Shooting banks with english

stickman
06-14-2002, 02:59 PM
I've always shot bank shots with english, or at least have done so for a long time. I feel like I have had pretty good success shooting banks this way even though I have shot strictly by feel. I have practiced and shot this way for so long that I have a pretty good feel for it. Just recently a friend showed me a system for using english and shooting banks. Now with the system and my natural feel I think I shoot banks even better. This may be old material to some, but if you're interested, it is on my site. www.geocities.com/stickman32152/ (http://www.geocities.com/stickman32152/) Also there are some new member photos.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Stickman,

Great bank shot info. I printed them out and will be taking them to the pool hall this weekend to practice..

And, btw.. great table layout.. LOL

stickman
06-14-2002, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I borrowed that table layout from a friend. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Chris Cass
06-14-2002, 10:28 PM
What a nice thing to say. I by the way caught that.

Regards,

C.C.~~friend also

stickman
06-14-2002, 11:30 PM
A person can never have too many friends. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
06-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Maybe I drink too early in the day but my table plays your right english like the left examples and visa versa. Logic told me that ahead of time, so unless you are using high or low influence or popping the crap out of it...I don't get it...sid

06-15-2002, 11:54 AM
thanks for the site will check it out

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Shores/3376/dood.gif D0wnt0wn Brown

stickman
06-15-2002, 03:41 PM
????????? Anybody else? Just a medium stroke. High or low doesn't have much effect on the object ball. I sometimes shoot low to prevent a double kiss between the cue ball and the object ball, when the object ball is close to the rail. Sorry Sid, I can't figure what the problem could be. I've used this technique for years, I just didn't have any particular standards for it. I find it works well on the Gold Crown 9 footers I play on. On an old 7 foot bar table that I play on frequently, I have to compensate slightly for the dead rails. The dead rails have the tendency to reduce the angles slightly.

Sid_Vicious
06-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Ok, bank and not kick. I see the reverse now taken by the OB. DOH! sid

Rod
06-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Hi Jim,

Every table will play just a little different. I know your set up is a general guide. However I've never played on any table that using 2 tips of english will throw the ball 1 full diamond more that one tip. Maybe those old tables react a little different, or the balls are not clean?

stickman
06-16-2002, 08:21 AM
You're right, the balls aren't clean, and the tables themselves are filthy. After an hours play, my bridge hand is blue on the bottom. Dang, I wish someone would open a pool hall here, that had some idea how to run one. Anyway, the system is an approximate guide as you say. Tables and conditions vary, not to mention, two tips of english may vary somewhat from one shooter to the next. Then of course, the speed of the shot will have an effect on the bank also. I said that I shoot with medium speed, but probably it's more like lag speed.