PDA

View Full Version : diffrences of gc's

vinnie717
07-09-2005, 03:47 PM
hey i would like to know what the diffrences of the brunswick gold crowns 1,2,3,4 and what do u think is the best or the worst out of all of them.
thank you\

vince

Cueless Joey
07-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I, the best.
III, the worst.
II, very very good with adjustable legs but the slates are not quite as deep in the pockets as I, and the corners are made of pot metal. Not chromed metal like in I.

vinnie717
07-09-2005, 05:00 PM
hey could you tell me why 3 is the worst of the gold crowns because i could buy one for 1200 do you think that is a fair price for a used one. and do u think it will survive garage climates.
thank you

vince

Cueless Joey
07-09-2005, 05:14 PM
The wood used on GC III's were just not quite as good as the old GC's. The slates on GC's are no longer pinned together so they don't quite stay level as the old GC's. The old GC's slate somehow just played better ( less vibration I think ). The sub-rails on the old GC's sound more solid to me. The GC III rails/cushions just do not have the solidness of the old GC's.
If the used one you find is not warped, I doubt if it will in the garage unless you live in Vegas/Arizona.

vinnie717
07-09-2005, 05:18 PM
thanks joey for your help but do u think that the gc 3 is still a tournement/commericail quality table and would be better than someother table in the 1200 range.

thank you

vince

Cueless Joey
07-09-2005, 05:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote vinnie717:</font><hr> thanks joey for your help but do u think that the gc 3 is still a tournement/commericail quality table and would be better than someother table in the 1200 range.

thank you

vince <hr /></blockquote>
The usual resale value of GC III's here is around $2000.
At 1200, it's a bargain.

dad8
07-10-2005, 10:45 AM
That's pot metal under that crome.And if the seams seperate you need to call the person that installed the table and have them fix it sounds more like a bad installation then a problem with the table.The only time tables become unlevel is if they are moved or up stairs.If you need a good installer I have one that will travel anywhere.Might even give you pool lessons he helped put Monica Webb and Helena in the top 10.