PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Dennis

Voodoo Daddy
07-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Well, Dennis past us and is heading up the Gulf. But not without incident...9:30 PM Friday I was online doing what I normally do. I told my new lady friend that I needed to go outside and move my deck chairs because it was getting nasty out. I didnt get 5' from desk when I heard lightning bang followed by complete darkenss. A tree had came down on a power line on the main road, killing power to about 300 homes in my area.

I spent the rest of the night in the dark, with memories of Hurricane Andrew floating aroung in my sick mind. All the bad things came back to life as the wind howled outside, the tree's seem to find themselves at a 45 degree angle and I was sweating my ass off. The next morning, still no power so I went out to seek breakfast in a air conditioned spot.

I watched the news at my breakfast spot <Fran & Carol know the "Chuck Wagon"> and saw that 185,000 people were without power in my area. NOW...I wonder if this storm was closer...how much more damage I would have seen if the power worked at all?. By 6:30PM the power at the cave was back on and life resumed. I pray for those who live in Dennis's path...and mark my words, this IS my LAST Hurricane Season in Florida!!

dg-in-centralpa
07-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Glad to hear that you didn't get hurt or suffer any damage to your home. Thursday we had 4 inches of rain in a one hour shower. This was from Tropical Cindy. We had flooding, but as quickly as it came, that's how it left. Very quick and the water went away. One of the worst rain storms I can remember for just a short period.

DG

Voodoo Daddy
07-11-2005, 04:27 AM
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=StormCenter&prodgrp =TrackingCharts&product=HurTrack3&prodnav=none&pid =none

No wonder I been grey since I was 19, HAHAHAHA

sack316
07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
I live in central Alabama, and fortunately we fared much better this time as compared to last year. All the friends and family I've talked to are alright and the only thing so far was we lost a tree at my girlfriends house. So far so good, but a long season still yet to come.