PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo, NY Pool Rooms

John in NH
07-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

I will be visiting my nephew who lives in Orchard Park on August 1 and 2, will be busy during the day, but I would like to play some pool in the evenings, which room would you recommend for an older gentleman who doesn't gamble but enjoys matching up with the stronger players?

My favorite games are 9 Ball and one pocket.

Regards,

John

cueball1950
07-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi John.... the only 1 i can really think of off the top of my head would be classic Billiards. that is where Dennis hatch usually hangs out.....................mike

DickLeonard
07-11-2005, 05:32 AM
I don't know if the Hippadrome is still open it was in downtown Buffalo. Nothing but antique pool tables if my memory serves me. It was down Elmwood Ave if my memory serves me the last time I was there my daughter was going to Univ of Buffalo and living on Elmwood.

If your into Achitecture, one block over from Elmwood is a Frank Loyd Wright house with an adjoining garage. This is Franks greatest work in my opinion. The garage is worth finding the house.####

raodwarior
07-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Hippodrome moved several yrs ago into a strip mall, not the same place anymore /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

John in NH
07-11-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information, I did know a Mark Hatch whom I met in Louisville last year, a very nice gentleman, I believe that he was from the Buffalo area also.

I understand that you are going to the US Open again this year have a safe trip and good luck with the CCB tourney, unfortunately I won't be able to make it, looking forward to Derby City in January.

Regards,

John