PDA

View Full Version : most expensive cue.......

LARRY_BOY
07-11-2005, 05:55 AM
What is the most expensive cue that you regularly play with at a pool hall? Seeing some of the prices of custom cues I wonder how many are wall hangers and how many get used.....

Rich R.
07-11-2005, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> What is the most expensive cue that you regularly play with at a pool hall? Seeing some of the prices of custom cues I wonder how many are wall hangers and how many get used..... <hr /></blockquote>
That's kind of a loaded question. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If you played with an expensive cue, would you want everyone at your local pool hall to know how much it was worth? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

zeeder
07-11-2005, 08:10 AM
My current playing cue cost $1750 and I've got one on order that is going to come in at $3000 that will see a lot of play time.

LARRY_BOY
07-11-2005, 10:17 AM
If you played with an expensive cue, would you want everyone at your local pool hall to know how much it was worth? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Trust me everyone will notice what cue you are using when you walk in.......that is why they sell so many sneaky pete's.

Rich R.
07-11-2005, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Trust me everyone will notice what cue you are using when you walk in.......that is why they sell so many sneaky pete's. <hr /></blockquote>
From a respectable distance, it is a little difficult to tell a $500 cue from a $3000 cue. You have to, at least, get close enough to see the logo of the maker, in most instances.
Also, there are a lot of people who wouldn't know an expensive cue, if you put it in their hands. However, if they were told it was expensive, they would want to make it theirs, at least until they could sell it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tateuts
07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
I see a lot of players using cues in the $2,000 to $4,000 range but rarely more than that. The show cues which can be a lot more are not a good idea to use because they usually have a lot of fine inlay work which can get damaged easily.

I've actually had cue-makers warn me "not to use" an artsy cue because of the delicate inlays.

Chris

daviddjmp
07-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I used by Black Boar for about a year, it cost around $3200 when you could buy one. They all go to Japan now. I am now playing with a Hercek which was $3500. There are only a few players in my pool hall who really are into cues and I agree that even they would have to see the cue up close in order to identify it.

cheese_ball
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
I have a several thousand dollar Coker on order... I don't know the exact price yet, it's not quite complete. There's no way I'd bring it out to play on a bar box, but I see no reason not to bring it into a respectable pool hall.