PDA

View Full Version : mosconi on espn classic

vinnie717
07-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Hey i just turned on espn classic on and all the old greats...mosconi,crane,fatty,lassiter and others are all playin 7 ball its a shame that they play 7 ball tho.

pooldude
07-11-2005, 08:19 AM
It's also too bad they are past their prime. I would like to have seen them in their earlier years.

vinnie717
07-11-2005, 08:45 AM
yea i was gonna say that jimmy moore seemed always gettin jawed and set up mosconi for an easy run out.even tho he is older mosconi mad some great kick shots.Do u know were i could get a video of mosconi in his prime playing straight pool in one of his runs to 150.

dmgwalsh
07-13-2005, 03:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote vinnie717:</font><hr>Do u know were i could get a video of mosconi in his prime playing straight pool in one of his runs to 150. <hr /></blockquote>

put me down for one of those, too.

However, I've never heard that one exists.

There's an old tape of Willy playing 14.1 and losing to Caras, probably in the 1970s, but I don't know of any other.

Dennis

LARRY_BOY
07-13-2005, 05:53 AM
I was amused by how young Allen Hopkins looked. I geuss he has been around pool longer than I thought.....

PastPrime
07-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Mosconi made a tape back in the early 60's which one of the Wide World of Sports anchor men hosted. This was primarily him showing how to break and run several racks of 14.1 and it really illustrated his unbelivable control and shooting ability. He never cut away from the game and some of the pin point positioning was unreal. I bought this tape from a company off the Internet and it ran just under $20.00 around 2001. I saw him play in person 3 different time's and got to play him 9-ball prior to an exhibition he was going to put on in about 1967 or 1968 and this tape gave a better sense of his skills than the times I saw him play and when I played him. I'm sorry I don't remember the Title but it's probably available via a Google search.