PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk TV

Fred Agnir
07-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Somehow, I've caught quite a bit of TV pool these past couple of weeks. Normally, I just pass it by, since frankly, the TV pool has just lost it's allure. However, I was pleased to see Gerda Hofstatter back in action, albeit in a losing finals against Kelly Fisher. Gerda is obviously experimenting with a lot of different looks of late. She looks like she's still working out quite a bit. She looked hot.

The Skins thing replayed, and I finally got to see the infamous Strickland "the ref didn't see it" foul. I was hoping for Earl's sake that the foul wasn't as obvious as was reported. But alas, it was entirely too obvious. I wish they were playing cueball fouls only so that it wouldn't have been an issue. I'll give Earl the "heat of the moment" pass, since Charlie Williams won that game in the end after Earl seemed to shoot a white flag shot.

Again, as usual, other than when Allison or Karen are playing good, the rest of the females just aren't playing on TV a game that is holding my interest anymore. Every shot looks like it's on the verge of disaster. That being said, the men didn't exactly play to the usual top notch skill during the Skins event. Tres bizarre.

OTOH, the reruns of the 2003 and 2004 World Series of Poker has me glued to the TV every night, highly anticipating July 19th when they air the first of this year's action. In the Main Event, last year's winner Greg Raymer is in the top 10 in chip count as of this writing with 570 player left (out of about 6000). 2003 Champ Chris Moneymaker is out. 2002 Champ Robert Varkonyi is also nowhere to be seen, but his wife Olga is in the top 50.

Back to pool.

Fred

9 Ball Girl
07-11-2005, 02:13 PM
nAz told me that Gerda was on and I missed it. I used to get the daily reminders from AZB on when pool was on TV and I don't get them anymore--even after re-subscribing. Hmmmm...

ceebee
07-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Poker has that UNKNOWN spirit about it, that is an allure. Poker today also has a few bucks tied to it, playing pool doesn't.

I'd like to see TV Pool have a lineup of games in their televised matches.

Lag for the break to start the series of 2 or 3 games each of Short Rack 8-Ball, 10 Ball & Last Pocket 8 Ball, until one player reaches 7 games to win the match.

Short Rack 8-Ball is so fast, the TV Crowd will have to stay tuned or miss something. 10 Ball is not a game about the break shot & Last-Pocket 8-Ball can turn into a Golf-Game on a Pool Table.

SplinterHands
07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Since the 2003 WSOP, the local tournaments in my area have had a big decline in the number of players. From what I gather, a lot of them now spend their time/money gambling on poker. Thanks a lot Chris Moneymaker. As far as pool on TV goes, last week I watched Tiffany Nelson play safeties and kick at balls and Allison Fisher run out, as usual. Adios Mitch Laurence/Steve Tipton...Hola Michaela Tabb. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jimmy B
07-11-2005, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> She looks like she's still working out quite a bit. She looked hot.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure?? It took me 12 minutes to recognize her, even after they said her name a few times, I still kept saying "where?"

JB

LARRY_BOY
07-12-2005, 03:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> She looks like she's still working out quite a bit. She looked hot.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure?? It took me 12 minutes to recognize her, even after they said her name a few times, I still kept saying "where?"

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Gerda has had many differnt looks over the years. Some hair color some hair style but always "hot" as Fred stated. She is in fantastic shape for a woman her age but then again so is Jeniffer..........jmho. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-12-2005, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr>She is in fantastic shape for a woman her age but then again so is Jeniffer..........jmho. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>Um, Gerda is only about 32 years and Jenn is going on 36 or is already there--both still very young!

LARRY_BOY
07-12-2005, 07:27 AM
That's what I meant....over30.