PDA

View Full Version : 8' pro vs 9'

vinnie717
07-12-2005, 07:23 AM
How much of a diffrence is it to go from a 8' pro to a 9'.
would the 8' pro still be good to practice on?

Cane
07-12-2005, 07:26 AM
vinnie, I have a 44X88 that I practice on daily. I have no trouble going to a 50X100 when playing. Next table I buy will be a 50X100, but have to do a little remodeling first.

If room were a problem, I'd rather have the 4x8 with plenty of room for stance an cue on all sides, than a 4.5X9 that was cramped.

Later,
Bob

LARRY_BOY
07-12-2005, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> vinnie, I have a 44X88 that I practice on daily. I have no trouble going to a 50X100 when playing. Next table I buy will be a 50X100, but have to do a little remodeling first.

If room were a problem, I'd rather have the 4x8 with plenty of room for stance an cue on all sides, than a 4.5X9 that was cramped.

Later,
Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Good advice.......

vinnie717
07-12-2005, 07:32 AM
ok thanks and how do u reply to a topic?

BigRigTom
07-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Vinnie, I have a Brunswick Sierra which is referred to as a Pro 8 ft. The playing surface is 46" x 88". I replaced a standard 8 ft which had the 44" x 88" playing surface and it does make a difference to me.
But to answer your question....
I have very little trouble adjusting to the 50" x 100" table at the pool halls since I started playing on my pro table. This Brunswick Sierra plays a LOT like the larger Gold Crowns that everyone raves about and I personally am glad I have it. I too have a bit of a space problem and prefer the 8 ft. pro with plenty of stance room as opposed to the 9 ft. which would cause me to have to alter my stance and bridge (maybe even use a short stick in some positions).

SplinterHands
07-12-2005, 07:59 AM
I have an 8' pro (46" X 92") in my basement. That is the largest table I could fit, unfortunately. As far as transition goes, it's not that big of a deal. You still have to play the game no matter how big the table.

Stretch
07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> I have an 8' pro (46" X 92") in my basement. That is the largest table I could fit, unfortunately. As far as transition goes, it's not that big of a deal. You still have to play the game no matter how big the table. <hr /></blockquote>

True. It's interesting to note some of those differences though. For instance, An 8ft'r has a much higher pocket to rail ratio than a 9 footer, correct me if i'm wrong something like 6 to 8 inches more Hole around the diameter? resulting in higher balls on break %, banks, caroms, slop shots....scratches lol. But over all is just plain easier IMO.

I think any player would "prefer" a 9 ft'r, Space not an issue, if for no other reason then the personal challenge of a larger playing surface. St.~~Learned snooker first so it's all good~~

bbuss
07-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I have a 9' Rosatto Barry table I played on and was verry
happy with it. When I played on a smaller table I didn't like it as much.
After having the table in storage for some years I am finly
going to have it assembeled next month.

bbuss

Cant wate. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif