PDA

View Full Version : Found tables for sale need help brunswick contender

kyzersoze
07-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone i checked out a few pool table dealers this past weekend and found some tables that interest me. One authorized brunswick dealer had a brunswick Tahoe on display. Here's the table

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/contender/tables/tahoe_features.html

Price i got for the table was $2300 for 8 foot table, simonis 860 felt, brand new table, silver accessory package, install and step-up, and lifetime warranty. Talked to the salesman for awhile very friendly answered all my question. There shop's been around 15 years. Any problems i might have i wont have any problems with them with the warranty. Two question im not 100% sure on are what size the slate is and whats difference between there truespeed cushions and there superspeed cushions on there more expensive tables? I think the salesman said i will get a 1" thick framed slate. the table comes with a choice of
3\4 or 1". i know brunswick's been around forever but wasn't completely sure on there lower priced tables. Does anybody know how well these tables are made and how well they play.

Im looking to get a NEW table for less then $2500 total. The way it plays is my number 1 priority. I want the table to last me years and years of quality play. It has to be durable and play really well. Any help would be appreciated

Also if this is a good deal is it worth going to a 1" slate over the 3\4?

dad8
07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
I have played on a 7ft Tahoe with 1 inch slate but it did not have simonis on it.It did not play bad I thought the pockets where a little big I whould have them shim the pockets.Did you look at the Brookstone all solid wood with superspeed cushions another friend has that model 8ft with simonis he paid 3000.00.Anyways I thought the contender plaid well.It sounds like a good buy and I don't think a company thats been around for 15 years whould put out a product they could not stand behind.After all they should know by now who will get the phone call if there is a problem..Good luck

kyzersoze
07-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reply

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "have them shim the pockets"? I didn't get to see the brookstone yet. I ordered the brunswick on sunday i just wanted to hear from others about it. I think im getting a good deal also. I called the billiards shop today and asked somemore questions the guy who works there is really great. When i ask a question he doesn't just answer he gets in depth. From what i've learned on here he pretty much has the same answers about tables as everyone else on here. Asked him about the superspeed cushions and the difference between them and the ones im getting (truspeed) he was breaking down everything for me even talking about olhausen's accu cushions on how great they are. Im getting the 1" thick slate also.

BigRigTom
07-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a great deal to me....if you get every thing you mentioned.
Is the 8 ft a (std @ 44x88) or (pro @ 46x92) playing surface? I would go with the 1" slate either way...but you're still getting a great deal either way too!
Buy it!

kyzersoze
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey Tom its the standard size. Thanks for the reply

billyp
12-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I just bought a Imperial Salem 8 ft.It's 1 inch slate,nice quality for $2400.00.I was told to stay away from Brunswick in the 2 to 4 thousand range for quality reasons.The Salem is a heavy ,nice playing solid table.I grew up in a pool room with Brunswick Gold Crowns,but didn't have the room or the $6500.00 to $8000.00