PDA

View Full Version : Workshops/Clinics

DennyS
07-17-2005, 04:44 AM
I would like to know if we can post our Workshops/Clinics here also. Thanks Denny

SpiderMan
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DennyS:</font><hr> I would like to know if we can post our Workshops/Clinics here also. Thanks Denny <hr /></blockquote>

My guess is no, the title clearly states "This area is only for tournament announcements. Please no pool schools or for sale items".

SpiderMan

Fran Crimi
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
My guess is they'd say no too, but I don't see the difference between announcing a tournament where in many cases, (not your's Barbara) there's a profit to be made by the owner or promoter, and a pool school. Both are events offering opportunities for players. Both are ads.

Fran

SpiderMan
07-19-2005, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> My guess is they'd say no too, but I don't see the difference between announcing a tournament where in many cases, (not your's Barbara) there's a profit to be made by the owner or promoter, and a pool school. Both are events offering opportunities for players. Both are ads.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

But if I'm looking for tournaments to play in, anything else would be excess to my search. I've asked for more clarification in the initial thread.

SpiderMan

Fran Crimi
07-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh, I see. Wouldn't want to inconvenience you. In case you haven't noticed, we're all trying to make a living out here. So because it pleases you, tournament directors get the upper hand, right?

Barbara
07-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Fran,

I think you and every other instructor should be able to post workshop dates on this forum. Or even create a new forum for "Instructor Workshop Advertising".

Barbara

SpiderMan
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Oh, I see. Wouldn't want to inconvenience you. In case you haven't noticed, we're all trying to make a living out here. So because it pleases you, tournament directors get the upper hand, right? <hr /></blockquote>

I don't believe either of us pays the bills on this site. So, if the admin says "tournament announcements only", and even goes so far as to say "no pool schools", why shouldn't you respect that?

If you want a category for selling your products or non-tournament services, nothing prevents you from suggesting such. Trespassing on the site owner's wishes shouldn't be the alternative approach.

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey Fran and Marty,

Maybe they can add another forum for Pool Schools/Workshop Clinics? There are more tournaments than there are clinics but I don't see why clinics couldn't have its own forum. That would be especially handy for those looking for lessons or tuneups.

I peruse AZB and they have besides a Tournament Announcement area, Cue Gallery, Advertisements/For Sale, the Tournament of the Moment (ex. World Pool Championships), Ask the Pros--it would be nice to have that here as well.

Rich R.
07-19-2005, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I peruse AZB and they have besides a Tournament Announcement area, Cue Gallery, Advertisements/For Sale, the Tournament of the Moment (ex. World Pool Championships), Ask the Pros--it would be nice to have that here as well. <hr /></blockquote>9BG, I have to disagree about this. AZB has too many sections and it has become a pain in the butt to read. It wastes too much time switching in and out of all of the different sections. JMHO.

9 Ball Girl
07-19-2005, 08:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>9BG, I have to disagree about this. AZB has too many sections and it has become a pain in the butt to read. It wastes too much time switching in and out of all of the different sections. JMHO. <hr /></blockquote>Yeah I see your point but in seeing the different forums, I click on the ones that I want to go to and find exactly what I want to find. JMO

ccboard_admin_back
07-23-2005, 07:02 AM
No Workshops/Clinics please. Only tournaments.

Thanks,
Admin

AzHousePro
07-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Rich, just click on 'New Posts' at the top of the forums and you get a list of all new posts in any group. No need to navigate in and out of different areas.

Mike

Rich R.
07-24-2005, 03:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AzHousePro:</font><hr> Rich, just click on 'New Posts' at the top of the forums and you get a list of all new posts in any group. No need to navigate in and out of different areas.<hr /></blockquote>Thanks Mike. I'll give that a try.

DennyS
07-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I was just curius as if we could or not.