PDA

View Full Version : Some New 9ball videos posted. Different views

christopheradams
07-17-2005, 05:29 PM
http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=filebrowser/chrismichaeladams
(Scroll down to middle/bottom of the web page to see video links)

Some new links updated on the new video host I am using. Right clicking and going to "save target as", downloading, then opening file usually works best, especially if your on dial up.

LARRY_BOY
07-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Want to buy some chalk?

christopheradams
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Want to buy some chalk? <hr /></blockquote>

Want to buy a clue?

LARRY_BOY
07-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Sure if it's as cheap as your game.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

christopheradams
07-19-2005, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Sure if it's as cheap as your game.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Do you actually play pool, or do you just hang around pool forums acting like an ass? Actually let me rephrase that, I know you hang around pool forums acting like an ass, but do you play pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nightstalker
07-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Nice vids and good shooting, Chris. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tateuts
07-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Christopher,

What is your playing history? For example, how long have you been intensely practicing in an effort to improve?

Do you feel like your improvement is growing by leaps and bounds or is just is slowly coming along.

How would you rate your game at this stage?

Chris

LARRY_BOY
07-20-2005, 03:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Sure if it's as cheap as your game.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Do you actually play pool, or do you just hang around pool forums acting like an ass? Actually let me rephrase that, I know you hang around pool forums acting like an ass, but do you play pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yes I do play pool and yes I do have an ass....although I don't use it much when I am playing.

christopheradams
07-20-2005, 04:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Christopher,

What is your playing history? For example, how long have you been intensely practicing in an effort to improve?

Do you feel like your improvement is growing by leaps and bounds or is just is slowly coming along.

How would you rate your game at this stage?

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

I've been playing for 10 years mostly playing 8ball. I've won many bar room 8ball tournies. I have been concentraiting soley on improving my 9ball game for 2 years. Yes I have been seeing my game improve very rapidly. I have been working very hard on my mechanics and other aspects of my game. Theres been slow periods in between but more leaps and bounds lately.

I'd rate my game as almost ready to start competing on the joss tour, since that has been my goal I've set for myself. I plan to try some joss events this year once I get my vacation time back in Jan. The entry fees of $125-$150 are a little steep as well so I want to make sure my game is up to the challenge.

Leviathan
07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the vids, Christoper. Enjoyed them. Your room and table look great. That was a good short-cue shot on the 6, after your concentration had been disturbed. You seem to focus well on longer, tougher shots. Keep up the good work; you're doing great!

AS

tateuts
07-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I think you have a nice stroke and you're on the right track.

Your game will continue to improve, evolve, and solidify. It will be fun for you, say two years from now, to look back at your earlier videos and compare.

Do you practice straight pool too? This can add a lot to your overall game as well.

Chris

christopheradams
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I think you have a nice stroke and you're on the right track.

Your game will continue to improve, evolve, and solidify. It will be fun for you, say two years from now, to look back at your earlier videos and compare.

Do you practice straight pool too? This can add a lot to your overall game as well.

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Yes I play straight pool from time to time, but my theory is to get good at 9ball practice 9ball. I've heard straight pool practice can help you in all other games but do you think it can improve your 9ball game more than exclusively practicing 9ball? I have a limited pracice time of 3-4 hours a day and want to maximaize its effectiveness. I have no trouble doing drills, playing 9ball, or anything else for a long period of time without losing focus, I just want to make sure nothing I am doing is not moving towards improving my game.
Thanks for the kind comments Chris, Knightstalker, and Leviathan.

BigRigTom
07-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Christopher,
I too wish you the best. You have traits that can not be taught...the 1st being love of the game, then there is discipline, open mindedness, ambition, tenaciousness, thick skin, desire, a dream of being great at the game, strong will, boldness, the intellengence to set goals for yourself and of course talent.
Most of the other stuff can be learned....I know because I find myself in the same boat often and my advise to you is:
<font color="red"> Don't let the knuckle heads of the world convince you that you can't do it. Many of them will try and remember it won't be easy because if it were it wouldn't be worth the effort you going to have to put into it to get there! </font color>

Good Luck because everyone can use a bit of luck at times!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I think you have a nice stroke and you're on the right track.

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Yes I play straight pool from time to time, but my theory is to get good at 9ball practice 9ball. I've heard straight pool practice can help you in all other games but do you think it can improve your 9ball game more than exclusively practicing 9ball? I have a limited pracice time of 3-4 hours a day and want to maximaize its effectiveness. I have no trouble doing drills, playing 9ball, or anything else for a long period of time without losing focus, I just want to make sure nothing I am doing is not moving towards improving my game.
Thanks for the kind comments Chris, Knightstalker, and Leviathan. <hr /></blockquote>

christopheradams
07-20-2005, 05:01 PM
<font color="red"> Don't let the knuckle heads of the world convince you that you can't do it. Many of them will try and remember it won't be easy because if it were it wouldn't be worth the effort you going to have to put into it to get there! </font color>

Those are words to live by bigrigtom. Thanks for the great comments and encouragment.

tateuts
07-20-2005, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Yes I play straight pool from time to time, but my theory is to get good at 9ball practice 9ball. I've heard straight pool practice can help you in all other games but do you think it can improve your 9ball game more than exclusively practicing 9ball? I have a limited pracice time of 3-4 hours a day and want to maximaize its effectiveness. I have no trouble doing drills, playing 9ball, or anything else for a long period of time without losing focus, I just want to make sure nothing I am doing is not moving towards improving my game.
Thanks for the kind comments Chris, Knightstalker, and Leviathan. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh yes! It adds a dimension of precision to your game which will help your 9 ball play. It helps you develop superior cueball control, finesse, and creates good planning and concentration habits.

Even though Johhny Archer is known for his exceptional 9 ball play, the game he usually practices is straight pool.

Chris