PDA

View Full Version : Brunswich Monarch Tables

UWPoolGod
07-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Hey guys/gals-
Been a long time. I was wondering if any of you have any information on the old Brunswick Monarch pool tables. I can possibly get my hands on a 9 footer for $2500 with a mirrored cue rack and accessories. I have not looked at it yet but seems like a good deal. Supposedly in excellent shape. Might give me a project to work on for restoration.

UWPoolGod
07-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Well it turns out that it was not a Monarch, but what appears to be a Wellington... It looks alot like this table here.
web page (http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/antique_tables/wellington.html)

She mentioned that the table retailer who moved the table for her said it was built in teh 40's but who knows. I could not get a picture. I am not a big fan of these models based on the thin rails and corner pockets, but still a nice sturdy table.

ceebee
07-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Joe Newell in Clay Center, Kansas is the Brunswick Pool Table GURU. I will tell you now, only certain Brunswick Tables are worth the cost of restoration. I will also say, the T-Bolt Rails will play different that your modern Pool Tables with Shear Bolt construction.

The Pool Table you are looking to purchase might be a great buy, beautiful furniture & a lot of fun to play on, but my experience tells me "that rock won't roll" for practicing your rail play. JMHO & my $8000.00 experience.

UWPool God you are welcome to PM me, I will share my story.

DickLeonard
07-20-2005, 05:06 AM
The Brunswick Monarch table sits on a cast iron base with four Lions Heads. It goes for $50,000 a table in the antique market. Its price might be higher today.####