PDA

View Full Version : one pocket outs

Chris Cass
06-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Hi fellow one pocketeers,

You'll never believe these outs I made on a guy yesterday. I thought you'd be amused. The first one made him almost fall out of the chair. The second one sent him into the bathroom. LOL

The senerio is I needed 1 ball and he needed 2. The c/b rested after coming off the rail at A finally stopped at B. I was trying to make the 6 but I new I'd make the 1 ball in his hole. I took the chance also hit it hard enough to go back up table if I missed. LOL

START(
%AD3D9%FF4F4%Pd6I3%QM8C1%RU2F7%UH1F8%Vc6I0%WE3F0%X E6F1%Yr7T4
%ZC3F6%[D6[3%\s1U0%]C8F0%^D3E5%eC2a8
)END

This second one, I needed 2 and he needed 4. I was only trying to bank the thirteen and push the 3 ball over for my next shot. I made them both.

START(
%CC9Q6%Dp2D1%Ek1C8%Hq5C8%ML2Z5%PY2X2%UM2Y8%VX4X2%W D5S5%XK9Y7
%YD3E3%ZK6Y5%]C6D9%^C7P8%eC2a0
)END

I just started playing this crazy game about 8 mths ago and I love it. I've learned to slow my game down from the quick pace I have at 9 ball. With a straight pool backround as a kid. It's hurt and helped my one pocket game. I see too many shots in the rack that, will either let me out or sell out. LOL

I do like it though. Does any of you have any thoughts or shots that you'd like to share? It's appreciated and if not atleast you'll get a kick out of these.

Regards,

C.C.

Troy
06-15-2002, 06:51 PM
I haven't figured out how to create shots on WEI.

My favorite out needing two with a ball on the long rail down from my pocket and another ball about a diamond in from the same rail and also about two diamonds up from the opposite end from my pocket.

I made the long bank and then made the three rail for the out.

Troy

Voodoo Daddy
06-15-2002, 07:46 PM
It was at my last Sunshine State One Pocket Circut event and I was playing in the winners side of the board. I needed 5 and my opponent needed 1. He left a dead ball but the only way I could hit it was underneath the rack. I kicked it two rails, made the ball and got out from there including 3 bank shots. After the match {which I lost 3-2}, Nick Varner said it was one of the better kicks he had seen in a long while. Even though I lost, it was a nice thing for him to say.

Voodoo...wonders if his pool game would get better if he didnt have a job?

heater451
06-15-2002, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr>I haven't figured out how to create shots on WEI. . . <hr></blockquote>
1) Copy the string of text variables from "START" to "END".

Example from Chris' post: START(
%CC9Q6%Dp2D1%Ek1C8%Hq5C8%ML2Z5%PY2X2%UM2Y8%VX4X2%W D5S5%XK9Y7
%YD3E3%ZK6Y5%]C6D9%^C7P8%eC2a0
)END

2)Follow this link: http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

3)Click the "Paste" button, near the lower-right corner of the table.

4)"OK" the paste.

To diagram your own:

1)Go to the link, so the table is 'reset'.

2)Click and drag the balls and arrows around to diagram. (The arrows are a little hard to "grab" sometimes). Also, any unnecessary balls can be dragged off the table.

3)When ready, click the "Copy" button, which will save a variable string to your Windows 'Clipboard'.

4)Paste the string into a post.

Have fun.

Chris Cass
06-16-2002, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Voodoo...wonders if his pool game would get better if he didnt have a job? <hr></blockquote>

Don't know if it'll make you shoot better but it'll definitly, make you feel like dog do if you miss. LOL

The competition you play with is totally strong. The shot you spoke of is a straight pool shot that I recall. It's neat too. That's one heck of a compliment too. Funny, I made a shot that made Jamie Bowman say, "that's Cliff Joyner action." Although I don't know who Cliff is and never seen him play. I was happy with what he said.

Regards,

C.C.~~Fla. is no place for my game, yet. LMAO

PQQLK9
06-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Cliff Joyner is a strong One Pocket money player who just won the Derby City One Pocket Classic...I think he lives in Atlanta.

Chris Cass
06-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Hi PQQLK9,

Thanks, I think his name is cool. This is the shot I made when he said it. It was after my opponent broke. You'll see I play extremely aggressive. LOL But nontheless, I made it and ran out. Hope you like it.

START(
%AN5O6%BK6P8%CI2O1%DL0M0%EL7P2%FJ8O8%GK6N8%HM8N1%I L5N1%JH2D8
%KH1P8%LJ5N2%MJ8Q7%NH8T1%OE2H6%PO1Z3%WK3S6%XN7Y5%Y J0R9%ZJ3R4
%[D3Z3%\H4T7%eC0b2
)END

Regards,

C.C.

PQQLK9
06-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Nice shot Chris...that would make wonder how to break next time.

Troy
06-16-2002, 09:18 PM
Be glad you made it CC, looks like many balls toward your opponent's pocket if you miss.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi PQQLK9,

Thanks, I think his name is cool. This is the shot I made when he said it. It was after my opponent broke. You'll see I play extremely aggressive. LOL But nontheless, I made it and ran out. Hope you like it.

START(
%AN5O6%BK6P8%CI2O1%DL0M0%EL7P2%FJ8O8%GK6N8%HM8N1%I L5N1%JH2D8
%KH1P8%LJ5N2%MJ8Q7%NH8T1%OE2H6%PO1Z3%WK3S6%XN7Y5%Y J0R9%ZJ3R4
%[D3Z3%\H4T7%eC0b2
)END

Regards,

C.C. <hr></blockquote>

Chris Cass
06-17-2002, 12:41 AM
Hi Troy,

Nothing glad about it. When I play a shot I devote 100% to the shot. If there was a doubt in my mind? I wouldn't have shot it at all. The players I play 1 hole with are tough. Not as tough as Big Steve in Fla but if you don't play smart they're out.

It would surprize you the balls opened up nicely and I only made 1 bank to face my hole with an easy out. I've also seen the opposite happen too. Live and learn, only 8 mths in and I'm feeling confident. Besides, I like putting my opponent on edge. It makes me dangerous.LOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.~~would like to play Troy, some one pocket for table time. I would enjoy the conversation.

Troy
06-17-2002, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr>
C.C.~~would like to play Troy, some one pocket for table time. I would enjoy the conversation. <hr></blockquote>

Likewise Chris, but I think commute would be a killer..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
06-17-2002, 02:34 PM
I would rather drive 1500 miles to meet Chris than drive 3 blocks to the pool room to play one pocket. It's like grinding teeth only worse.

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
06-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Watching two very good one pocket players play, is one of my great pleasures in life.

When this game is played well, its like seeing into the true meaning of strategy, planning, execution, offence and defence.

One Pocket is probably the only pool game that you can play that will force you to execute almost everything you know about the game of pool. You will quickly find out your weaknesses and strengths. If you can play one pocket, all the other pocket billiard games become simple (except for 14.1)

Troy
06-17-2002, 08:42 PM
AMEN..... 1-Pocket is called the "Ultimate Pocket Billiard Game" for very good reasons..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Watching two very good one pocket players play, is one of my great pleasures in life.

When this game is played well, its like seeing into the true meaning of strategy, planning, execution, offence and defence.

One Pocket is probably the only pool game that you can play that will force you to execute almost everything you know about the game of pool. You will quickly find out your weaknesses and strengths. If you can play one pocket, all the other pocket billiard games become simple (except for 14.1) <hr></blockquote>

Chris Cass
06-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Extremely true Tom. When it's played well it's really cool. The thing I've noticed that's key to the game besides knowledge is, the stroke. It's the same on almost every shot. Smooth and firm. Just enough to make the ob in the pocket. I've seen some pretty strokes in my time and there's nothing prettier than a ball just making it to the pocket and falls in. Great game.

Regards,

C.C.~~would drive 1500 miles to beat Kato. LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
06-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Never has the term "pocket speed" been so aptly applied, than in the game of One Pocket.