PDA

View Full Version : Identify a cue tip.

cycopath
07-19-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought these tips off a guy that claimed they were "shark-skin". I can't find anything about them online. There appears to be some sort of asian symbol stamped into the bottom of each tip.

Does anyone know the name of them?

Thanks.

http://www.cyco-web.com/pics/sharktip.JPG

SpiderMan
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Can you take a color picture?

SpiderMan

Pizza Bob
07-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Uh....I think that IS a colored picture.

JMHO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Troy
07-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Makes me wonder you'd buy something and THEN ask what it is.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I bought these tips off a guy that claimed they were "shark-skin". I can't find anything about them online. There appears to be some sort of asian symbol stamped into the bottom of each tip.

Does anyone know the name of them?

Thanks.

http://www.cyco-web.com/pics/sharktip.JPG <hr /></blockquote>

ras314
07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
The few sharks I've skinned were way too thin skinned for cue tips. Biggest was an 8 ft tiger and skin wasn't any thicker than a 3 ft sand shark's. Be a real problem making a tip anyway because of the little teeth in the hide.

BTW them things are hard to skin!

SpiderMan
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't believe my monitor is that bad ... what color do the tips appear to you, and what color is the surface on which they are resting. I'm serious, they both look like different shades of the same thing to me.

SpiderMan

Drop1
07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
They could be shark skin. I have a friend that makes shark skin belts,shoes,and other items. He made a cue tip for me using a 13mm gasket cutter. I'm thinking of having some more made,but layered,and trying different glues. The tip I have works fine, but I like my triangle and elk masters as well. Any ideas would be appreciated. The skin can be worked in the tanning process to create almost any surface,from sand paper to glove leather.
Steve Gray, Guadalajara Mexico

Rich R.
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I don't believe my monitor is that bad ... what color do the tips appear to you, and what color is the surface on which they are resting. I'm serious, they both look like different shades of the same thing to me. <hr /></blockquote>SpiderMan, to me, the tips appear to me gray and they are sitting on a lighter gray background. However, it does appear to be a color photo. JMHO.

stickman
07-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I had heard about them, but don't remember where I had read about them. I did find this. It sounds like he makes his own. http://www.easypooltutor.com/postp34756.html

cycopath
07-20-2005, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Makes me wonder you'd buy something and THEN ask what it is.
<hr /></blockquote>

Because I'm a dumbass... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No, seriously I thought for the price I'd check it out.

It installs easily enough. Shapes pretty quickly.
The tip probably starts off as a soft and compresses with time to a med.

cycopath
07-20-2005, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>SpiderMan, to me, the tips appear to me gray and they are sitting on a lighter gray background. However, it does appear to be a color photo. JMHO. <hr /></blockquote>

It is a color photo. The tips are gray in color.