PDA

View Full Version : DFW Area Weekly CASH Tournaments 7/20/05

SpiderMan
07-20-2005, 05:20 AM
For the benefit of our north Texas participants, I'll propose to maintain a listing of weekly cash tournaments in this area. I enjoy playing in these - it's a good way to sharpen your concentration, and you can generate supplemental income without hustling anyone.

I'll start the list with a few off the top of my head. PM me with additions and/or corrections, and I'll re-post as I receive inputs.

Once each original post exceeds the allowable "edit window", I'll have to create a new post by copying/modifying the old one. Sorry about the clutter.

As always, call to verify, mistakes happen and bars make changes.

<font color="red">Monday</font color>

WW Fairfield's, 8:00 pm, Plano Road @ Belt Line, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds money. Notes: Monday is also karaoke night at Fairfield's. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Rack Daddy's, 8:00 pm, Coit Road south of George Bush Freeway, 9-ball, Texas Express, double elimination, 9' tables. Notes: Need more info on this one. Listing updated 7/18/05.

<font color="red">Tuesday</font color>

Sterling's, 8:00 pm, corner of Midway and Frankfort in north Dallas, 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 3, 8' tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Reportedly well-attended with some A and A+ players. Listing updated 7/20/05.

<font color="red">Wednesday</font color>

<font color="red">Thursday</font color>

T-Daddy's Bar &amp; Grill, 6:30 pm, Campbell Road just east of Plano Road, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 1, bar tables, $5 entry. Notes: No cost for tables, coin boxes are open. Arrive early, entries are limited to 16. Listing updated 7/18/05.

<font color="red">Friday</font color>

Kelly's, 8:00 pm, SW Corner of Walnut &amp; Audelia, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Several "A" players may attend. Texas Hold-em poker tournaments at 6:30 and 9:00. Listing updated 7/20/05.

<font color="red">Saturday</font color>

Lone Star Cafe, 2:00 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 7/18/05

Neon Cowboy, 8:00 pm, Hwy 175 east of Master's, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, bar tables. Notes: I need more info on this one. I know it's still active with good participation, added money, "A" players, and a calcutta. Listing updated 7/20/05

<font color="red">Sunday</font color>

Rack Daddy's, 1:00 pm, Abrams Road north of Northwest Highway, in Dallas. 9-ball, Texas Express, double elimination. Notes: Format switches to 1-pocket once a month. Need more info on both of these. Listing updated 7/18/05.

777 Club, 4:00 pm, Central Expressway north of Spring Valley, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Low participation, so be prepared to start late as TD tries to round up players. FYI, this club has free pool all day Saturday and Monday. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Bandera Club, 8:00 pm, NE corner of Ferguson &amp; Shiloh, in Dallas. 8-ball, APA Scotch Doubles, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds $. Notes: Need recent report on this one, I haven't attended for several months. BTW, this club has a full kitchen and great food. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Have FUN!

SpiderMan