PDA

View Full Version : Ballbreakers premier insight

bicuda
07-20-2005, 04:55 PM
The "Bitchacuda" here from the premier Ballbreaker episode. I have read with interest all your posts about the first show. I too shoot in a regular hall and at tourneys and let me tell you, shooting in this format under the conditions we had, I am surprised any of us did as well as we did! Try a 15 second shot clock, banter you didn't hear that was edited out, cameras up your nose, Ewa in the background, cloth like an ice rink, tighter than normal hall pockets, practically no warm up time, interruptions between most shots so no rhythm established, a large audience, and did I mention $20 g's on the line? You should try it some time! Personally, I did the show to have fun with it and that I did! I too hope that it will pull more people into the game. It was never intended for pro's to watch pro's. If we were pro's, we'd all be on the tour circuit. I have not seen the other episodes so I'll be interested to see how they all turn out. As a side note - the "cowboy" got to me with his constant "college fund for the kid I raised myself". And he better darn well use it for that or I'll hunt him down and ... well, you get the idea!
I will be in New York for the Battle of Bar run on July 30th. I'm from Los Angeles, and yes I was formerly a pro tap dancer and no, I'm not that lady from Mad T.v. Hope you all can make it to the auditions in your area - it was great fun to do the show, but challenging is an understatement!
Barb Lee the "bitchacuda"!

9 Ball Girl
07-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Bitchacuda (I loved that name from when I first heard it! LOL) Anyway, as I mentioned in a previous post, you guys shot way better than the ones from another celebrity thingy that was televised some time ago. That other show I actually wound up changing the channel, this one held my interest, in a surprising sort of way.

Oh, I also love that you guys didn't shoot that bad--considering you didn't warm up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bsmutz
07-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Good job! I think you all did really well considering the circumstances. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RailbirdJAM
07-21-2005, 02:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bicuda:</font><hr>...I too shoot in a regular hall and at tourneys and let me tell you, shooting in this format under the conditions we had, I am surprised any of us did as well as we did! Try a 15 second shot clock, banter you didn't hear that was edited out, cameras up your nose, Ewa in the background, cloth like an ice rink, tighter than normal hall pockets, practically no warm up time, interruptions between most shots so no rhythm established, a large audience, and did I mention $20 g's on the line? You should try it some time! <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your post, Barb Lee. You're exactly right. Those bright lights they use for TV are blinding. You almost need sunglasses, not to mention the extreme HEAT in the pit. A 15-second shot clock is a joke, and unfamiliar equipment with tight pockets to boot. I think on the pro tours, they use a 30-second shot clock at times.

I gotta say that I was pulling for you when I was watching the show. You made a couple of really good long shots, one where the cue-ball was almost frozen to an end rail, and for the CHEESE, you pocketed it with authority! Best shot of the show, IMO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bicuda:</font><hr>I'm from Los Angeles...Hope you all can make it to the auditions in your area - it was great fun to do the show, but challenging is an understatement!<hr /></blockquote>

Barb Lee, where do you shoot in Los Angeles? Ballbreakers is coming to where I live TOMORROW (Friday) in D.C. They will be filming shows for a possible second season. Quite a few friends of mine are going, hoping to get picked. Some of them, though, I don't think shoot as good as you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Four people will be randomly chosen from the audience to join the four others who got picked from their home pool rooms. The place tomorrow night in D.C. is Buffalo Billiards, 1330 19th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036,(202)331-7665, 8:00-11:00 p.m.

So, Barb Lee, do you got any cool tips I can pass along? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, it's great to read your post about what the experience was like. Sounds like you did have a good time, too! That's what it should be all about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RailbirdJAM

bicuda
07-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Thanks!

bicuda
07-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. So you know what I'm talkin bout!

bicuda
07-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Regarding auditions - BE YOURSELF! They will ask you personal questions - and they are looking for your personality. I had them rolling on the floor with stories and I'm pretty animated when I talk. I watched a few other of the auditions and most people just answered the questions kind of monotone. If they like your personality, then you will get asked to come and do a more in depth audition and shoot a little pool. The staff are all awesome and they really make you feel at home and give encouragement, so this is a big plus for you. They want you comfortable! All I can say is LISTEN to what they want you to do and do it. They really wanted to see the side betting - the more creative the better and it wasn't about whether you won money or lost it all - they want action and some flair - which is why I don't think Alison Fischer would have ever made the show! LMAO She may be a clinic on pool, but the most you'll ever see her do is twitch the side of her mouth. Bottom line - they are trying to make an interesting and exciting game show that just happens to involve pool and betting! Good luck to you!

bicuda
07-21-2005, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RailbirdJAM:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bicuda:</font><hr>...I too shoot in a regular hall and at tourneys and let me tell you, shooting in this format under the conditions we had, I am surprised any of us did as well as we did! Try a 15 second shot clock, banter you didn't hear that was edited out, cameras up your nose, Ewa in the background, cloth like an ice rink, tighter than normal hall pockets, practically no warm up time, interruptions between most shots so no rhythm established, a large audience, and did I mention $20 g's on the line? You should try it some time! <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your post, Barb Lee. You're exactly right. Those bright lights they use for TV are blinding. You almost need sunglasses, not to mention the extreme HEAT in the pit. A 15-second shot clock is a joke, and unfamiliar equipment with tight pockets to boot. I think on the pro tours, they use a 30-second shot clock at times.

I gotta say that I was pulling for you when I was watching the show. You made a couple of really good long shots, one where the cue-ball was almost frozen to an end rail, and for the CHEESE, you pocketed it with authority! Best shot of the show, IMO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bicuda:</font><hr>I'm from Los Angeles...Hope you all can make it to the auditions in your area - it was great fun to do the show, but challenging is an understatement!<hr /></blockquote>

Barb Lee, where do you shoot in Los Angeles? Ballbreakers is coming to where I live TOMORROW (Friday) in D.C. They will be filming shows for a possible second season. Quite a few friends of mine are going, hoping to get picked. Some of them, though, I don't think shoot as good as you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Four people will be randomly chosen from the audience to join the four others who got picked from their home pool rooms. The place tomorrow night in D.C. is Buffalo Billiards, 1330 19th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036,(202)331-7665, 8:00-11:00 p.m.

So, Barb Lee, do you got any cool tips I can pass along? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, it's great to read your post about what the experience was like. Sounds like you did have a good time, too! That's what it should be all about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RailbirdJAM <hr /></blockquote>

bicuda
07-21-2005, 08:07 AM
The main halls in L.A. that I frequent are: House of Billiards in Sherman Oaks, Hollywood Billiards on Hollywood Blvd. and my lunch hour game at Charles Billiards in Glendale.

sack316
07-21-2005, 09:40 AM
hey barb lee, thanks for filling us in on all the little details surrounding the show that we as an audience didn't get to see or really know about. Sounds like it was a lot of pressure combined with a lot of fun too! Congrats on being selected for the show, and even though you didn't get the 20G's, I hope you at least got something out of it. Best of luck to ya in the future, and maybe we'll get to see you in a future episode