PDA

View Full Version : From the British Royal Institute Of Intrnl.

Gayle in MD
07-21-2005, 11:42 AM
From The British Royal Institute Of International Affairs

Security, Terrorism and The United Kingdom:

[There is no doubt that the situation in Iraq has imposed particular difficulties for the United Kingdom, and for the wider coalition against terrorism. It gave a boost to the al Qaeda network's propaganda, recruitment and fund raising, caused a major split in the coalition, provided an ideal targeting and training area for al Qaeda linked terrorist and deflected resources and assistance that could have been deployed to assist the Karzi government in bringing bin Laden to justice.

Riding pillion with a powerful ally has proved costly in terms of British and United States military lives, Iraqi lives, military expenditure, and the damage caused to the Counter Terrorist Campaign.]

I don't think the "Fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here" faulty Bush policy has proven to be effective or protective for the British.

Obviously, there is a correlation between U.S. presence in Iraq, and the utter kaos and civil war like state of Iraq. While the Vice President continues to lie about the war, Claiming that we've are seeing the last throes of insurgents, when the insurgency has grown in numbers and power, refining their bombing skills to accomplish the desecration of even amoured HumV's. There can be no doubt, as the republicans try to float an ammendment (Ros Lehtenen) that would relieve them of responsibility for this mess in Iraq by mandating that the U.S. cannot leave until Iraq is peaceful, which will probably be never, given it's history, and the worsened conditions in Iraq, if passed, thousands more of our young people will die while fighting for democracy in Iraq, as Iraqis sign documents asking us to get out NOW.

This republican effort, obviously being made to hasten our forgetting about trying to get the hell out of there, and end any dialogue from the Democrats who cry out for an end to the pointless war, and the increasing losses of our young men and women. Being in Iraq has, according to the British, and many here at home, made everything worse, for us, for the British and for the Iraqi's.

"Mr. President, where is bin Laden?"

"I don't know where he is, he's hiding. I don't think about him."

The President of the United States talking about the man who killed three thousand people in New York City on September 11, 2001.

"You break it, you own it" Colin Powell

"Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time" John Kerry

Gayle in Md.

Nightstalker
07-21-2005, 11:52 AM
You sure that wasn't aired on CNN? Wow, more leftist rhetoric. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
07-21-2005, 12:01 PM
The statement was read from the British Document on the floor of the Senate, live, on C-Span, yesterday, FYI.

Wow, more right wing denial.

Gayle in Md.

Nightstalker
07-21-2005, 12:32 PM
You're just full of rhetoric today, aren't you? FYI for you, I don't go along blindly with what Bush says and does but I try to give him the benefit of the doubt when it is applicable. If you don't really know, why believe only one side or the other? Food for thought. Opinions of what is best, this or that, will vary but that is all it is....opinion.

Gayle in MD
07-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Hey, if you think it's logical to give the benefit of the doubt to a known lyer, who has created a massive mess for this country which has cost thousands of lives, here and in Iraq, in spite of the fact that many experts, generals, CIA experts on terror, and even the Secretary of State warned him about what a terrible situation he would make, and how impossible it would be to get out of it if he went that direction, then go fo it! Just don't talk to ME about rhetoric when you obviously are a sucker for it.

This document is not the other side, it is from the Government of our Ally, Great Britain. I guess they have some realistic information on the subject of Iraq, we can't get the truth from our own administration, that's for sure.

Gayle in Md.

Nightstalker
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM
There you go passing your personal opinions off as fact again. You think that I fall for rhetoric and you do not? Pleeeease. I do not agree with you, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

You GUESS they have realistic information about Iraq. Do you know for sure? Is this your opinion again, maybe your hope? Do you really KNOW the truth Gayle, or are you so blinded by your personal feelings that any information to the contrary of those is automatically passed off as lies and BS?

Gayle in MD
07-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Since the British are fighting this war alongside us, I assume that they know more of the truth about what is happening over there, and the results there of, than you do. It just so happens, that this British document supports my very OPINIONS. For reassurance of your own opinions, tune into Fox, the Republican Twisted News BS Channel. All Bush supporters are Rhetoric junkies, you included.

Gayle in Md.

KAB125
07-26-2005, 11:50 AM
British Royal Institute Of Intrnl.

Just to provide complete information, this organization is a British think tank and is not a division of the British Gov't. It would be like me saying that just because Senator Durbin said that Gitmo is as bad as the Soviet gulags on the Senate floor that that is an indisputable fact.

Gayle in MD
07-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Thank you. Although it may not be an official British Institute, the views expressed are the same as those which I hear shouted by the Parliament on BBC. The British people, and also the majority of Americans, do not approve of the tactics used by Bush which led to the occupation of Iraq, or of the way he has led this war. The results of his incompetence and short sightedness have been costly both in loss of lives, by boosting the power and numbers of the militant extremists, and monetary cost have been staggering.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-27-2005, 05:05 AM
I have ezxpressed no personal opinions which have not been proven to be true. If you approve of Bush, fine, no need to argue with me about it. Think what you wish. Just remember, you are now in the minority, according to ALL of the polls.

Iraq is in shambles, unsurgency is growing, People are being killed everyday, alQaeda is still performing terrorist attacks around the world, bin Laden is still free, Saddam had no WMD's, Bush did fix policy to his agenda. Facts are facts.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-27-2005, 05:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in post to NS:</font><hr> This document is not the other side, it is from the Government of our Ally, Great Britain. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote KAB:</font><hr> Just to provide complete information, this organization is a British think tank and is not a division of the British Gov't. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in reply to KAB:</font><hr> Although it may not be an official British Institute, <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> LOL, so which is it? This is similar to some little kids on the playground... <ul type="square"> First Kid: I heard this bad information about our principal from someone that saw it happen Second Kid: Just to let you know, that other person did not see anything happen, he was at home. Oh yeah, well Mr. Smarty Pants, he did hear it from someone else that did see it. [/list] /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-27-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have ezxpressed no personal opinions which have not been proven to be true. <hr /></blockquote> C'mon Gayle, this is being a little untruthful. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just because one of your books says so, does not make it the truth.

eg8r