PDA

View Full Version : What The?!

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Ahhh, the hispanic antiquated mentality:

So I'm at my humongous fruit/vegetable store and stocked up on all veggies--peppers, celery, spinach, etc... I go to the counter and start handing in my veggies and the guy is weighing them. (BTW, he's Dominican like me).

After he bags all of my stuff, the exchange was in Spanish, he says, "Wow, you're a real attentive housewife." I said, "Why do you say that?" He said, "You're buying all fresh vegetables so I guess you'll be cooking them for your husband." I then said, "1. I'm not married. 2. I live by myself. 3. Did it ever occur to you that single women like cooking fresh vegetables for themselves???"

What the?! Maybe my ex was right. I am too Americanized! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nAz
07-22-2005, 12:01 PM
*cough* skank *cough*

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Go [censored] yourself.

Stretch
07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Ahhh, the hispanic antiquated mentality:

So I'm at my humongous fruit/vegetable store and stocked up on all veggies--peppers, celery, spinach, etc... I go to the counter and start handing in my veggies and the guy is weighing them. (BTW, he's Dominican like me).

After he bags all of my stuff, the exchange was in Spanish, he says, "Wow, you're a real attentive housewife." I said, "Why do you say that?" He said, "You're buying all fresh vegetables so I guess you'll be cooking them for your husband." I then said, "1. I'm not married. 2. I live by myself. 3. Did it ever occur to you that single women like cooking fresh vegetables for themselves???"

What the?! Maybe my ex was right. I am too Americanized! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My take? He was impressed and attracted to you. Often us men will assume a lady's happily Married, or some other compliment to flatter the better her as a subltle way of determining a womans status....as opposed to the more direct,"so are you single (read available) approach. Hope i'm not giving away any "secrets" lol.

PS I love my Vegies too...luv growing them even more.

St.

Drop1
07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
You sure as hell ain't Latina,so you must be Americanized,what ever that is supposed to mean. I read your posts,and I like your style,and thats not hitting on you. My dick brings a new meaning to the word flacid,and I'm crazy about my wife,and vegetables.

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Perhaps but his wife was at the register next to him.

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Drop, you're killing me! LOL

When my ex said that I'm too Americanized, he meant it as too independent and not subservient.

Cueless Joey
07-23-2005, 07:54 AM
To marry me, you will need to learn how to make empanada and valenciana. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The guy obviously has not gone out much or assimilate to the American culture.

DiddleESquat
07-23-2005, 10:53 AM
What the?! Maybe my ex was right. I am too Americanized! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No malanga? No yuca? No plantain? No calabaza?

Wow, maybe you are too Americanized! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2005, 11:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DiddleESquat:</font><hr> No malanga? No yuca? No plantain? No calabaza? <hr /></blockquote>Actually, those are "winter" ingredients for me. For my "sancocho". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
07-24-2005, 03:41 AM
You could have told the guy tou are a widow,
after losing you husband in an accident at the laundry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stretch
07-24-2005, 04:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> You could have told the guy tou are a widow,
after losing you husband in an accident at the laundry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

.....yes, tragic. All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpfree together again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif