PDA

View Full Version : CJ Wiley's middle name

BillPorter
07-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I come here to the fount of pool knowledge to pose a question. Do any of you know, with a high degree of confidence, what the "J" in CJ Wiley stands for? I know CJ's first name is Carson, and I guess that's why the upscale pool hall he helped to open in Dallas is called Carson's. But I'd really like to know what the "J" stands for. OK, I'll admit it....it's to settle a small, gentleman's wager. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

SplinterHands
07-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Jerk?

SPetty
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
His web site, www.cjwiley.com (http://www.cjwiley.com), used to have a biography and I think it said what the J stood for, but I see now the site's been reworked, so I can't find that bio any more.

You might send that question to the "contact us" email - I think it's info@cjwiley.com. I'm sure they would know the answer.

Please let us know when you find out.

BillPorter
07-24-2005, 03:47 AM
I went to the website and used the "Contact" button to send a message. (The address that comes up is info@cjsbilliards.com.) So I sent them the following message and we'll see what I get back.
<font color="blue">
In talking to some older pool players the other day, a question came up about CJ. The question is: What does the "J" stand for? I'm pretty sure the "C" stands for Carson, but I cannot for the life of me find out what the "J" stands for, if anything. Can you please help out on this? Thanks in advance for your help. <font color="blue"> </font color>

theinel
07-25-2005, 01:49 AM
I cant add much but his first name is Carson and I think his fathers name was also Carson J. Wiley.

There is a document available on the web regarding a Dallas poll hall permit application for Carson J. Wiley which seems very likely to be CJ. (Click here and do a text search for Carson or Wiley) (http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/permit___license_appeal_postin.html)

Tommy_Davidson
07-25-2005, 03:17 AM
&gt; In the BD profile on him right after he started on the PBT tour,it was stated the "J" was meaningless. Tommy D.

BillPorter
07-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Tommy, you know, that would explain why I can't find what it stands for. Maybe, as you point out, it doesn't stand for anything. Sounds quite possible to me. Thanks for the info.

Fred Agnir
07-25-2005, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BillPorter:</font><hr> Tommy, you know, that would explain why I can't find what it stands for. Maybe, as you point out, it doesn't stand for anything. Sounds quite possible to me. Thanks for the info. <hr /></blockquote>If it doesn't stand for anything (any real name, that is), and his real first name is Carson, I'll guess he's Carson Jr. and his family called him CJ.

Fred

BillPorter
07-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Fred, as good a guess as any and better than most. I have two old pool-playing friends who live in Dallas (Mike Haines and Dick Lane). I think they both know CJ and maybe they'll ask him for me. This little piece of information is as close to being utterly worthless as can be, but once on the hunt, I like to close on my quarry.

OnePocketChamp
07-30-2005, 06:36 AM
This will not answer your question but after playing at CJ's many times and noticing how CJ sometimes conducts himself, I would say the J stands for JERK.