PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Kennedy Tournament

jjinfla
06-16-2002, 03:51 AM
Tommy sure is a little ball of fire. He sure runs a nice tournament and is very friendly and outgoing. I met him yesterday and he signed a cue ball for me. Also bought Capelle's book "Play your best 9-ball". 52 in the tournament. Luis Viera, Richard Broumpton, Scotty Townsend, Dave Grossman, Richie Richardson all advanced to day two. There is a 15 y/o kid playing who has an excellent game. Will have to get his name today. Jake

Chris Cass
06-16-2002, 08:20 AM
Hi Jake,

Just do yourself a favor and don't ask Tommy if he knows any jokes. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

PQQLK9
06-16-2002, 09:25 AM
I agree with you about Tommy....I was at his tournament here in Charlotte(which he won)and I was really inspired just watching him play....his concentration was like his life hung on every shot (which he usually made)...got out from every bad leave and breaks like a wreaking ball! plus a very nice fella to boot.

eg8r
06-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Very funny your brought up his jokes. Here is a classic of his:

What did the termite say when he walked into a bar?

Where is the bartender...

His jokes are really bad, but his attitude when he tells them almost makes you laugh.

eg8r

Chris Cass
06-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Hi Egr8,

He comes by and tells me, my wife and RIP. "This skeleton walks up to a bartender and orders a coke and a mop." RIP and I look at each other with the deer in the head lights look. My wife laughs and tell us. LOL I asked Tommy if he didn't have somewhere to go. LOLLOL He's great and I've always liked him.

Regards,

C.C.

06-17-2002, 01:04 AM
At the US Open in Virginia three years ago, I was eating a late night dinner with some friends. Tommy came over and told us, "Don't order the clown."

"Why?"

"Leaves a funny taste in your mouth."

HE laughed for about half an hour after that one.

- Steve