PDA

View Full Version : Mixed doubles 9ball tournaments

stickman
07-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Does anyone play any mixed doubles tournaments in your area? My local hall plays singles 9ball tournaments on Mon. nites, single 8ball tournaments on Wed. nites, and mixed double 9ball tournaments on Fri. nites. I've never had a regular partner for Fri. nites. Friday night, I had fallen asleep while watching TV, and the hall owner called to see if I would come play in the tournament. He had a player that was wanting a partner. I told him I would come right up. I was curious who my partner would be. Several teams were pretty strong and played together regularly. The owner introduced me to my partner. I recognized her from playing her in a Wed. night tournament. She was a good shooter. We went through the field with only one loss. I told the team, that we lost to, that we would see them later in the tournament. It was a hill-hill match. Sure enough, we played the same team in the finals. My new partner and I skunked them in the first match, but fell short of beating them the second time. It was a good outing all the same. I think I have a new regular partner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll have to help my partner learn about position play, and playing patterns. She is a very good shot maker, but unfortunately left me hooked, or only left me an opportunity to play safe quite often. When she had a ball in hand, I would have to suggest another shot selection, so that she wouldn't hook me again. We'll work on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif