PDA

View Full Version : how good are good junior players?

vinnie717
07-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I was wondering this and im thinking about going to a qualifier next year to see how i do but i do not want to get embarresed.

Billy
07-24-2005, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote vinnie717:</font><hr> I was wondering this and im thinking about going to a qualifier next year to see how i do but i do not want to get embarresed. <hr /></blockquote>

embarrassment shouldn't enter your mind - you're simply finding your game,learning how to compete,and more importantly having fun

a 16 year old just won the world championship in Taiwan

jmo

Terry
07-24-2005, 05:26 PM
A junior girl just won the gold in the womens 9-ball division at the world games in Germany of which Alison Fisher was one of the 16 players, she also placed second last year at the world juniors. I think their are a lot of really good junior players out there but that shouldn't stop you from playing, it should give you a bar to shoot for. Good Luck, Terry

vinnie717
07-24-2005, 06:21 PM
thanks for your replys but i was wondering like can they string 3 racks together or can run 30 in straight pool or something like that.
thank you
vince

Terry
07-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Last year at the world juniors their were a couple of guys running 6 &amp; 7 racks at a time and I think a lot of the guys could run multiple racks. I think it's better to focus on what you can do and not what your opponent can do, that way you give yourself a chance to play your best. Never play in fear of your opponent,if a better player is going to beat you it's up to you to make him/her work as hard for the win as you can.Terry

vinnie717
07-25-2005, 04:57 AM
oh ok thank you did they play on a nine footer too?

vince

Sid_Vicious
07-25-2005, 05:37 AM
I'll be upfront with you, the ones I've watched intimidated the hell out of me. One of them ran a local gambler to cry uncle in some cash play afterwards, asking for a spot, junior said no, and made it look easy. Yea, they're tough. Just being realistic..sid

mapman72
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
A UPA touring pro, and a good one, just told me that he needs at least the 8 from that 16 year old who won the world championships. Also, there is a 15 year old who just played McCready really tough in the Virginia State 9 Ball Championships. So yes, they are out there, they are good, and they have no fear.

Stretch
07-25-2005, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mapman72:</font><hr> A UPA touring pro, and a good one, just told me that he needs at least the 8 from that 16 year old who won the world championships. Also, there is a 15 year old who just played McCready really tough in the Virginia State 9 Ball Championships. So yes, they are out there, they are good, and they have no fear. <hr /></blockquote>

Yep! 9 ball is flat out shooting shape and breaks. It seems the older we get the more complicated we make it. Plus putting out your best takes a lot of enery, not the least of which requires just showing up and making time for it. lol the young guns have more fire and game in that department for sure. St.~~9 ball a young mans game? ~~