PDA

View Full Version : Tony Robles' Benefit

9 Ball Girl
06-16-2002, 10:12 AM
Hi all. So I went to Corner Billiards yesterday. Tony and Danny Barouty played a race to 200 in 14.1. (TR won, I forgot the score, Danny shot a good game!)

There was a raffle: 4 people got to play a game of 9 ball with TR (good job Cuechick!), 3 people won lessons (1 each), and 1 person won a Predator 2k1 Cue.

I guess I can say that a good time was had by all!

Kick ass in Bristol, Tony!

Tom_In_Cincy
06-16-2002, 10:14 AM
9 Ball Girl,
Thanks for the update and I am very glad that Tony gets his chance to prove his skill overseas. Good Luck Tony.. make em see how New Yorkers can represent the USA..

PQQLK9
06-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks...would liked to have been there.

06-17-2002, 07:52 AM
I thought the whole event went well. There were good people, good food, and of course, good pool. My ONLY complaint is that I didn't get a chance to meet other CCBers! I found out, after the fact, that Cuechick was there(still have no clue who she is). Not to ruin TR's party, but maybe we could of had a CCB sign in sheet?

Eric >can't please everyone...

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2002, 08:32 AM
Eric -

I don't know if you stuck around to see the 4 that played against Tony, but Cuechick was the blonde woman that beat him.

I'm the one with the tattoo on my left arm occasionally tending to TR's son. As a matter of fact, I was playing on the table next to TR and his opponents. Who were you?

Eric.
06-17-2002, 08:43 AM
OK. I think I know who C chick is. I still can't picture you. I was playing on the table to the right of the sign -in desk(if you're facing the desk). I have black hair, a goatee, and tattoos. I was playing challenge matches against different people. Sorry I missed any CCBers, next time?

Eric

Nostroke
06-17-2002, 08:55 AM
you are one of the guys who didnt want to enter the mini tournament? You would have met 3 of us.

Eric.
06-17-2002, 08:59 AM
Yes! That was me. I know Jenn B. Curious as to who else is who. This internet thing can be a little vague...

Eric >needs to buy a vowel

06-17-2002, 09:32 AM
If you're who I think you are, then you ride a motorcycle. If you do, then you were at Comet Billiards a couple of weeks ago for the Open tournament. You saw Tony, his son, and me outside of Comet during a break. I think you were done and was on your way home?

I also remember that while I was playing on Table 19, you were on 20 at Corner and I bumped into you at one point while you were taking a shot.

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2002, 09:33 AM
If you're who I think you are, then you ride a motorcycle. If you do, then you were at Comet Billiards a couple of weeks ago for the Open tournament. You saw Tony, his son, and me outside of Comet during a break. I think you were done and was on your way home?

I also remember that while I was playing on Table 19, you were on 20 at Corner and I bumped into you at one point while you were taking a shot.

Eric.
06-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Yes that was me and I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Cool. Nice to, sort of, kinda, meet ya!

Take care,

Eric

cuechick
06-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Thanks for postig the result, it was a great event. I am sorry some people tried to taint it and even profit from it; but I guess that is the nature of the beast(the beast being the underbelly of pool).
I wanted to add Tony was very touched by the event, and is donating any extra money made to the Juvinal Diabetes Fund. A great gesture from a great guy!
p.s. I got really lucky to beat him /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif !!

06-17-2002, 10:07 PM
HAY IT GOOD THAT NY'ER GOT OUT THERE AND HELP OUT TONY . WHO SAID POOLPLAYER DON'T LOOK OUT 4 OUTHER'S .AND THIS A GOOD THING .I FEEL THE LOVE ALL THE WAY DOWN IN THE SOUTH ..GOOD LUCK TONY .
DEADSROKE32.....................

06-17-2002, 11:09 PM
That statement is antagonistic and shows a lack of appreciation for the concerns some people had. I wish the subject would just be dropped.

Jude M. Rosenstock

06-18-2002, 08:51 PM
I disagree Jude, but I respect your right to hold your opinion. I think that those who had concerns could have voiced them as such, without bringing a bunch of hearsay and conjecture into play. But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-19-2002, 01:31 AM
All I'm saying is, I have friends on both sides of the argument and I think it's best if we allow wounds to heal. I think in the end, everyone will be happy that Tony is going, especially if he does well.

Jude M. Rosenstock

cuechick
06-19-2002, 08:12 AM
I agree, it is better to let it go, which is why I kept my comment so restrained considering what I was told (and believe yo be true) went down. I could not just say nothing, my feelings were way to strong. And what I expressed were simply that, my feelings, MY opinion. I do have to wonder, WHY are there sides in this situation? This is where I believe things have been distorted, twisted and manipulated. IMO.

9 Ball Girl
06-19-2002, 03:15 PM
He can represent the USA, New Yorkers, and most of all, BROOKLYN!!!!

06-20-2002, 01:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cuechick:</font><hr> I do have to wonder, WHY are there sides in this situation? This is where I believe things have been distorted, twisted and manipulated. IMO. <hr></blockquote>

from what i read, sides were taken after the first few replies. the thread did not have to go in that direction, had it not been for some stinging replies. the original post seemed to be a simply question. but now i see we're bringing it up again.

sorry 'bout that.