PDA

View Full Version : Jane Fonda is Coming Out

9 Ball Girl
07-25-2005, 05:03 PM
SANTA FE, N.M. (July 25) - Actress and activist Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

"I can't go into any detail except to say that it's going to be pretty exciting,'' she said.

Fonda said her anti-war tour in March will use a bus that runs on "vegetable oil.'' She will be joined by families of Iraq war veterans and her daughter.

They plan to return to the Santa Fe area, where she was promoting her book, "My Life So Far'' on Saturday.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out,'' she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

"I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam,'' she said. "I carry a lot of baggage from that.''

Fonda incited controversy in July 1972 when she was photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun while on a tour of the country to drum up support to end the war.

Vagabond
07-26-2005, 06:15 AM
This tour plan of hers may be to show her opposition to US policy and not condemnation of GIs who are sacrificng their limbs and lives.These GIs are employed by US government and they have to follow the orders of the Government and hence have to bear arms fighting the enemy.Jane is NOT against the GIs and she is against the policies of US.
Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catscradle
07-26-2005, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> This tour plan of hers may be to show her opposition to US policy and not condemnation of GIs who are sacrificng their limbs and lives.These GIs are employed by US government and they have to follow the orders of the Government and hence have to bear arms fighting the enemy.Jane is NOT against the GIs and she is against the policies of US.
Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Aside from the question as to whether or not we should be in Iraq ... Jane Fonda is a knee-jerk liberal and always has been. Her opinion about anything is totally meaningless. The opinions of many liberals are thought out and meaningful, but not hers.
She is a good actress however.

Rich R.
07-26-2005, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> This tour plan of hers may be to show her opposition to US policy and not condemnation of GIs who are sacrificng their limbs and lives.These GIs are employed by US government and they have to follow the orders of the Government and hence have to bear arms fighting the enemy.Jane is NOT against the GIs and she is against the policies of US.
Cheers
Vagabond, I agree with you. Whether it is Iraq or Viet Nam, some people don't understand that you can be against the war, without being against the soldiers fighting it.

eg8r
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Vagabond, I agree with you. Whether it is Iraq or Viet Nam, some people don't understand that you can be against the war, without being against the soldiers fighting it. <hr /></blockquote> I agree also. I didn't think she was against the actual soldiers. I just thought her past actions in reality harmed the soldiers.

eg8r

catscradle
07-26-2005, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> This tour plan of hers may be to show her opposition to US policy and not condemnation of GIs who are sacrificng their limbs and lives.These GIs are employed by US government and they have to follow the orders of the Government and hence have to bear arms fighting the enemy.Jane is NOT against the GIs and she is against the policies of US.
Cheers
Vagabond, I agree with you. Whether it is Iraq or Viet Nam, some people don't understand that you can be against the war, without being against the soldiers fighting it. <hr /></blockquote>

She may or may not behave better this time, but in her protestation against the Vietnam war she definitely did show contempt for the US soldiers while protesting the US government policies. I certainly don't begrudge a person the right to protest, and personally my views about Vietnam were and are mixed, but there is a proper way to go about it and an improper way. Her trip to N. Vietnam was outside the bounds of respect.

Cueless Joey
07-26-2005, 10:51 PM
One word comes to mind.
Slut. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
07-27-2005, 12:11 AM
There is certainly nothing about the way that Jane Fonda has lived her life that matches that description. I really hate to see her put herself through this again, in this country, where so many who claim to be American, degrade anyone who has the courage to stand and speak against lies and policies which destroy so much humanity.

Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
07-27-2005, 05:48 AM
I agree. Jane wasn't against the soldiers in Viet Nam. She just didn't care either way because it was always about Jane, anyway. Isn't that what the problem was? She didn't consider how her actions could have affected the soldiers. All she really had to do was take 5 minutes to think about it. It was a no-brainer.

She's no activist. She's an attention monger. Anti-war activists recruited her because she just came off of a huge media exposure event for her book. She's been all over national TV giving interviews.

She even stupidly admitted in her interviews that she craves attention and she is easily influenced by people. Of course she was speaking of it in the past tense, as if it's all gone away now. Right.

She was an easy mark..."C'mon Jane...you'll be all over the TV and you'll save the world from certain doom at the same time." She liked the all over the TV part. I'm sure she THINKS she's an activist, and she'll act like one, too, as long as it's good for Jane, of course.

I wonder if she drives a car powered by vegetable oil?

Fran

eg8r
07-27-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if she drives a car powered by vegetable oil? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, I bet she drives a big SUV, and flies around the world in a private jet. All of this is not that big a deal just as long as she does not become some environmentalist activist. Right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-27-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really hate to see her put herself through this again, in this country, where so many who claim to be American, degrade anyone who has the courage to stand and speak against lies and policies which destroy so much humanity.
<hr /></blockquote> Let's just hope she does not go over to Iraq and put those soldiers in jeopardy, like she did in Vietnam. The woman can run all over the US running her mouth about the "lies", believe me, if it alright on this board surely it is on ok elsewhere. Just don't go over there and chat it up with Al Qaeda, like she did with North Vietnam.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
07-27-2005, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I wonder if she drives a car powered by vegetable oil? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, I bet she drives a big SUV, and flies around the world in a private jet. All of this is not that big a deal just as long as she does not become some environmentalist activist. Right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I think it is a big deal. I think the activists are using her as bait to draw out the crowds of people who still haven't forgiven her. Maybe a little violence to draw attention to the issue? I wouldn't put it past them.

Why else would you recruit someone who got just about the worst press in the world for previous actions in an anti-war movement?

Fran

eg8r
07-27-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think it is a big deal. <hr /></blockquote> The sentence in my reply in which you refer was the joke. That is why there is a smiley at the end. A little sarcasm, that did not come across very well.

eg8r

Chopstick
07-27-2005, 07:40 AM
What ever happened to that gal who was going around topless to protest the war? That's the kind of movement I would support. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

catscradle
07-27-2005, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I agree. Jane wasn't against the soldiers in Viet Nam. She just didn't care either way because it was always about Jane, anyway. Isn't that what the problem was? She didn't consider how her actions could have affected the soldiers. All she really had to do was take 5 minutes to think about it. It was a no-brainer.

She's no activist. She's an attention monger. Anti-war activists recruited her because she just came off of a huge media exposure event for her book. She's been all over national TV giving interviews.

She even stupidly admitted in her interviews that she craves attention and she is easily influenced by people. Of course she was speaking of it in the past tense, as if it's all gone away now. Right.

She was an easy mark..."C'mon Jane...you'll be all over the TV and you'll save the world from certain doom at the same time." She liked the all over the TV part. I'm sure she THINKS she's an activist, and she'll act like one, too, as long as it's good for Jane, of course.

I wonder if she drives a car powered by vegetable oil?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

tap-tap-tap. That is probably the best synopsis of Jane Fonda that I have ever read.
For that matter it aptly describes many of the activists during the hay-day of activism. Most did activism to be "in". I respected people who engaged in thought out activism, but most were just playing follow the leader.

Cueless Joey
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I wonder if she and her ex-husband Tom Hayden are still pistol-packing even though they are ardent anti-gun activists.
Hanoi Jane and Tom pulled out their guns when someone broke into their home. Of course, they are the only ones who have rights to own guns.

Drop1
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Just a rumor,and could be false,but someone told me she gives good head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-28-2005, 07:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Just a rumor,and could be false,but someone told me she gives good head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Ew! I just had a visual. I've been blinded.

Fran Crimi
07-28-2005, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>
tap-tap-tap. That is probably the best synopsis of Jane Fonda that I have ever read.
For that matter it aptly describes many of the activists during the hay-day of activism. Most did activism to be "in". I respected people who engaged in thought out activism, but most were just playing follow the leader.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, Cats. Then you have those activists whose agenda is to start violence at protests. I remember the Repubilcan convention in NY last year. The anti-war activists were out in full force and there were a lot of arrests. Interestingly, the ones who were pegged as starting the trouble were from out of town with histories of violence during protests. I don't know if they really believed in their cause, but if they did, I find it ironic, since they were there to protest violence.

Fran