PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Moori tips? Comments Please

bluey2king
07-27-2005, 11:43 AM
I am about ready to replace my tip. I want to try a Moori and see what it is all about.
My Questions;
Best Price? Where?
Other Tips that are just as Good? Why? Cost?
I figure I would good with a medium because it is not too radical either way.
Comments Please
Thank You
Bluey

ryushen21
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Cost all depends on where you are. some places will charge as much as $30 for a moori without install. I would suggest that you look around your area. Some places online will deliver but you may have to buy a few.

In my opinion there aren't any other tips that compare to moori. I've played with a lot of others and my preference is the moori. I don't like the talisman tips at all even though a lot of people say that they are just as good as moori. The moori just feels more solid, is more responsive and has better transfer IMHO.

bluey2king
07-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Do you like the medium tip or?? I was just looking around the internet seems like a lot of high end tip are made in Hard. I have a W/B one an old Break Cue and I have never used a Soft.

cheese_ball
07-27-2005, 01:47 PM
b2k-

Try Atlas Billiards. They claim to be the "North American Distributors" for Moori tips. They have Moori-III tips online for $10.00/ea. Be careful if you are ordering off of the internet! There are many Co.'s selling counterfeit Moori tips! Be especially cautious of the Mooris on Ebay.

Billy_Bob
07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
$10 - Atlas...
http://www.cuestik.com/cuestik/catalog.cfm?dest=dir&linkid=389&linkon=subsection

ryushen21
07-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Both the medium and the hard are good tips. I generally use the medium though. It's just as a matter of preference.

I still get the best price on moori's of anyone. $5 each including install. hehehe, beat that.

Rich R.
07-28-2005, 03:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr> I am about ready to replace my tip. I want to try a Moori and see what it is all about.
My Questions;
Best Price? Where?
Other Tips that are just as Good? Why? Cost?
I figure I would good with a medium because it is not too radical either way.
Comments Please
Thank You
Bluey <hr /></blockquote>
I had a Moori tip replaced last weekend. It was $30 installed, which I believe is a fair price. I have seen them as high as $50 installed.
Find a cue repair guy near you and ask about them. There is no sense traveling far if you don't have to. It only adds to the cost of the tip and installation.

I happen to like the Medium Moori, but the hardness is all personal preference.

Someone recommended Tiger tips to me, as another option for a layered tip, but I haven't tried them.
Talisman also makes a good layered tip. I have tried the Talisman Pro tips, but find that their medium tip is a little harder than the Moori and too hard for my taste. I haven't tried the soft Talisman.

Try different tips until you find one you like. As with the hardness, it is all personal preference.