PDA

View Full Version : How hot is it where you are?

Cueless Joey
07-29-2005, 08:03 AM
It's feakin muggy here in California.
It feels like Manila in May.
I HATE it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
I can't work in the garage at night because it's so hot and sticky.
Did I mention, I freakin hate it?

Barbara
07-29-2005, 08:14 AM
CJ,

Two days ago it was 99 degrees with 85% humidity. It hurt to breathe outside.

Then this front came through and now it's 75 degrees with 50% humidity.

Barbara

sack316
07-29-2005, 08:46 AM
lately it's been in the mid to high 90's here, with high humidity and it's felt like 110 on some days. Not so muchfun when you work landscaping during the day! And then of course today has cooled off and it's low to mid 80's, after we've got all the work done for the week and I won't be outside. I'm sure it'll warm back up again by monday when it's time to get back out there

Big_Jon
07-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't know... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I choose to sleep through that part of the day (the hottest) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
BAhahahahaha
But, from what i've been hearing, it's been 387% humidity, and around 90-100+ around here.
If you take a deep breath... you can drown...

9 Ball Girl
07-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Lets just say that for the last couple of days here in New York, it was just too hot to even blink!

Those are the kind of days that you gladly go to work for the free air conditioning! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SnakebyteXX
07-30-2005, 11:05 AM
At 11:18 a.m. this morning it's a mild 75 degrees out - humidity stands at 65%. Overnight temps dropped to a low of 54 with a high of 90 degrees expected later today.

It's not unusual to see temps in excess of 100 during the summer but never enough of them to merit installing an air conditioner. This area's relative proximity to the Pacific Ocean (thirty miles away) means that we usually have a marine layer keeping us cool in the mornings and an evening seabreeze that blows any residual heat away (natural air conditioning - can't beat it).

Over in the San Joaquin Valley (Central Cal) the temps this time of year average in the 100 to 120 range on a regular basis. We try not to go there unless we absolutely have to. Their houses typically have air conditioners the size of Buicks atop their roofs - because they need them to survive.

Snake

dg-in-centralpa
07-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Just got back from a week in Kentucky, the first half of the week was in the upper 90's with high humidity and the second half was upper 70's to mid 80's with low humidity. Here at home it was the same way.

DG

cueball1950
07-30-2005, 09:40 PM
well here in Albany Ny we have already had 12 or so days above 90 and that is just for July. Now we are going to get the dog days of August. But anyway. we are ahead od usual 90 degree weather by about 10 days i would guess. or maybe that is what the weatherman said. but what the hey...better than shoveling "SNOW" yup. the 4 letter word..."SNOW......lololol..........................mike

pooldaddy9
08-07-2005, 02:19 PM
I was just on vacation at Myrtle Beach. The temp was 103. Heat factor was 117. My wife wanted to know if I wanted to go lay out and get some sun? I should not have told her what I told her. Still ended up an ok vacation.