PDA

View Full Version : Hopkins Interview in BD this month....

Tom_In_Cincy
06-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Its a good read, even if you don't like Mr. Hopkins.

The interesting point that Hopkins made about Professional pool is that the prize money hasn't changed in 25 yeares. First Place still only pays around $6,000 to $10,000 in most tournaments. There are only a few tournaments in the US that pay more. And, most of the international tournaments pay more than $15,0000 and upwards. Pool in the USA is stagnant, nothing (not even the new Pro Players Association) has changed much since the late 80s.

Its really a sad state of affairs and nothing in sight to say it will change anytime soon..

PQQLK9
06-16-2002, 01:15 PM
I enjoyed the article and I really like Allen's knowledge of cue ball control and shot predictions on the telecasts but he seems to me to have a condecending attitude toward amsteur players and he always seems to lump the international players in a group (Filipinos) as opposed to being individuals. Generalizing would be acceptable for team events IMHO

Vagabond
06-16-2002, 09:38 PM
Howdy,
I like Hopkins.I like his wife. I like his son.They are all nice people. As a general rule he is not a condescending type.
I personally believe that we are in a golden age for pool.I donot believe that it will be better.That is it folks.We are at it`s best. cheers
vagabond

Tom_In_Cincy
06-18-2002, 05:23 PM
This would be a sad state of affairs if this is as good as it gets for pool.

Harold Acosta
06-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Who doesn't like Hopkins? Only a small few!

At least he is keeping amateur pool at a worthy level!

Just my opinion folks.............

Tom_In_Cincy
06-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Harold,

There are lots of players that know Allen that don't like him.