PDA

View Full Version : Great place for QUALITY pool room with $ potential

dat_mat_guy
07-30-2005, 04:59 AM
If anyone in the USA doesnt know where the fastest growing BIG city in the US is, then they probably havent been to Phoenix lately. This is not a spam message, but a plea for anyone who loves the sport we are all here for. Phoenix geographically, is made up of 20 cities (as of this writing). With a current population combined of 3.5 million, the latest growth figures compute that the Greater Phoenix area receives 300 new residents a day (thats 9000 a month). If the current growth trends keep on, by 2010, Phoenix will tie Houston for 4th largest city in the US with 4 million valleywide. Now if you look at a map of the Phoenix area, you will notice that this area (along with all other valley cities) encompases vast distances from end to end. I can say as a dear pool affectionado, that the East side has ZERO when it comes good rooms (nothing but bar-table bars). Yes, the city of Tempe (near ASU University) has a couple of places with full size tables, and Mesa has at least (1), but Scottsdale has the BIGGEST ZERO when it comes to decent pool halls. Scottsdale does have a few trendy "nightclubs" with tables under glass chandiliers for $15 an hour, but as guessed, gets no decent players except those who are wealthy, own a table, never was taught even a proper bridge, and thinks they are really good with a stick that says Harley Davidson. But then, that is Scottsdale, AZ. There has not been a good room here for at least 15 years. So I'm appealing to an investor with some capitol do do some research in Scottsdale, and consider that the clientel has money, and might be a profitable endeviour. My guess is that a room on Shea would be central enough (as it is now in the middle of a 30 mile long, but 5 mile wide, narrow city). Just a thought for a would-be investor. Why should the West side of town have all the action when the North-East has the money? Hope somebody actually looks seriously at this. If I had some capital, I would have been on this years ago before the real-estate was going through the roof and eveyone here has plenty of credit to show off, and lots of cash to spend in a great pool hall with full-size tables, some bar coin-ops, drinks, house pro, cue-shop/smith, and all the Scottsdale ego they can muster..........dat_Mat_guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
07-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Yawn ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

too damm hot and no trees there. can u say Phoenix football cardinals (bust)