PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm back in the groove.., well,,.maybe!

Plummerbutt
07-30-2005, 11:46 PM
I posted awhile back that I had hit a slump ("I'm in a slump. YUK"). I now truely believe that I'm starting to come out of it.

I intentionally stayed away from competitive pool for about 10 days. Instead, I spent time working on my stance and contacting the center of the CB. No english shots. In fact, most of my practice was with the CB only.

Tonight I went to town. Played 17 games and lost 2 (8-ball). It felt pretty good but I'm still alittle shakey and don't have my full game confidence back as of yet. But this is a pretty darned good start!

I played by focusing on center ball hit and very seldom played any english at all. Some follow and draw but not much. Just concentrated on good mechanics and strait hits.

I'm playing a good tourny next wknd so this is coming back just in time.

sack316
07-31-2005, 03:48 AM
glad you're back on it now (hopefully!). I also chimes in my frustration on your post I think, and I've had mixed results since then myself. My stroke is feeling very comfortable right now, much more fluid and natural than it was. I went back to my old method of getting back in stroke, I gambled with an equal player giving up a spot to force me to play. Yes it was cheap, but it was still money and for some reason that brings me up. I played very well, and got up quite a bit actually, but then true to slump form the rolls began to go against me with some very strange stuff. I'll spare the details, but the bottom line is we wound up even in a matchup I should have lost, so that was a positive at least

Sid_Vicious
07-31-2005, 05:35 AM
Playing for something is always a good idea, given you aren't snared by some long tooth shark looking for your cash, but even so, if you wrangle a good spot and it's cheap enough, it should be good regardless. Several players I know simply won't put money on the game, they just feel it takes their mind off of playing their best. I say, "Bullsh!t, it gives you exactly what you need." By manufacturing pressure with a little cash on the line, you emulate situations which grab you in final tournament rounds. Nineball especially needs something on the line...what's a few bucks anyway? Well actually that token on the line is special, if only for pocket change, and I have played for 50c. Funny how you strive not to lose even that little amount. sid

randyg
08-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Plummerbutt: Are you going to attend the Pool School in Mpls this August??????SPF-randyg

Barbara
08-01-2005, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Plummerbutt:</font><hr> I posted awhile back that I had hit a slump ("I'm in a slump. YUK"). I now truely believe that I'm starting to come out of it.

I intentionally stayed away from competitive pool for about 10 days. Instead, I spent time working on my stance and contacting the center of the CB. No english shots. In fact, most of my practice was with the CB only.

Tonight I went to town. Played 17 games and lost 2 (8-ball). It felt pretty good but I'm still alittle shakey and don't have my full game confidence back as of yet. But this is a pretty darned good start!

I played by focusing on center ball hit and very seldom played any english at all. Some follow and draw but not much. Just concentrated on good mechanics and strait hits.

I'm playing a good tourny next wknd so this is coming back just in time. <hr /></blockquote>

Good for you! One of the most important things a player can learn is how to fix was seems to be broken.

Barbara