PDA

View Full Version : To WEI

06-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Hi Wei... long time no see. Anyway, not sure if you check this board, but maybe someone you know will point this thread out to you.

I was thinking about a modification to your tool that would probably not require much work.

Is there a way to add a button that would show the lines and the arrows (i.e., the paths) only after the button was clicked? I ask for two reasons. The first is that it would be a nice educational tool ("Look at this diagram and think what shot you would play. When you're ready, click the button and see what I played."). The second is that it would save a lot of time. Some people diagram the shot first without the paths, then post another set of coordinates with the paths included. As the viewer, you have to go back and forth between the message board and the tool to get and copy the separate coordinates.

Just an idea. As you know, I already think you should get a Nobel Prize for the program. :-)

Hope all is well,
Steve

Rod
06-16-2002, 12:14 PM
I don't know Steve, but I just set up 2 one pocket shots that I made in a reply to CC's post. It took quite a while, and when I went to post it there was an error. I'll have to post later because I'm going to watch thr US Open. Frustrating, see ya all later.

06-18-2002, 12:39 AM
hi steve
it's really easy to add a button to hide/show lines, and i think it's a great idea, will work on it soon (currently travelling in california)

let's play some 3c soon.
w

06-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Wei, I'm increasingly surprised every time I walk into a new poolroom and I DON'T run into you. Wei, I think I miss you.

Jude!

06-18-2002, 09:49 AM
is there an easy way to clear the table when I am working with wei?? I always drag the balls and lines off of the tabe by hand

Fred Agnir
06-18-2002, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> is there an easy way to clear the table when I am working with wei?? I always drag the balls and lines off of the tabe by hand <hr></blockquote>
One option would be to bookmark and use the 3-ball version:

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/preset/3ball.html

Less balls on the table to start.

Fred

06-18-2002, 12:00 PM
thanks fred

stickman
06-18-2002, 12:27 PM
WEI, I just wanted to say thanks. I love this tool you've given us! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cheesemouse
06-18-2002, 12:31 PM
Me too, thanks it's a great tool.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-18-2002, 05:15 PM
I just hit F5 (refresh with MS IE 5.0) and it resets the table back to a full rack of 9 balls and cue at the head string.