PDA

View Full Version : Back from Aruba

DebraLiStarr
07-31-2005, 08:01 AM
Despite all the bad press that Aruba has received, I had a great time! Oranjestad is a beautiful place with beautiful beaches! I'm glad I didn't listen to everybody that tried to get me to change my vacation plans. The people were so nice and its sad that one incident has hurt their tourism so badly. If anyone is planning a Carribean vacation, I would highly recommend Aruba. I plan on visiting Aruba again and hopefully next time I can also visit Venezuela.

dg-in-centralpa
07-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Glad you had a good trip. I just got back from Kentucky and the people were nice as well. Even tho' I'm a northerner. People would greet you as you passed on the street. Where I live, people don't do that.

DG

DebraLiStarr
07-31-2005, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Glad you had a good trip. I just got back from Kentucky and the people were nice as well. Even tho' I'm a northerner. People would greet you as you passed on the street. Where I live, people don't do that.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

I have cousins that live in Hazard, Kentucky. I went there back in 1998 and it was beautiful. Lots of trees and mountains and friendly people. It was a very laid back place with beautiful scenery. I would love to see it in winter. I'm glad your trip went well.

dg-in-centralpa
07-31-2005, 02:37 PM
My wife is from Louisville and has two sisters who live there. Another sis in Maryland and one in Orlando. Once a year they all try to get together for a reunion. There is 19 years difference in age from my wife, who is the youngest at 49, and the oldest at 68. Who knows how long they will be around... so we were able to make the trip this year. Naturally we went to Churchill Downs and we went to the corvette museum and assembly plant.

DG

Drop1
07-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I know Mr.Bean is anxious to welcome you back,and is bouncing all over the place. Many of us missed your posts,I know I did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
08-01-2005, 03:16 AM
I dont know much about Aruba except there is a pool room there and my boy "SuperMario" went there and took them by storm. If you liked the carribbean you should check out St. John in the Bahama chain...in March during the St. John's Blues Festival. The water/weather is perfect and the music is SMOKIN'!!!

Voodoo~~~fond memories for trying to understand Dr. John under extreme amounts of party favors, HAHAHAHAHA

landshark77
08-01-2005, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> Despite all the bad press that Aruba has received, I had a great time! <hr /></blockquote>

RUB IT IN!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Landshark77&lt;~~~ going to the Mid-West for vacation. (enter rollseyes icon here.)