PDA

View Full Version : Minor surgery

stickman
08-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I've done dialysis for about 5yrs. I used home dialysis until recently. After I switched to hemo-dialysis, they placed a IJ (an access put in my jugler vein) to use until my fistula could be placed and matured. Since my fistula was well matured and working well, it was time to get my extra plumbing taken out. For the home dialysis, I had an access in my belly. (a tube inserted there) Then there was the tube inserted in my jugler. Everything went well, according to the hospital staff. I asked one of the doctor's assistants before the procedure, if it would hurt as much taking the tube in my belly out as it did putting it in. He assured me that it wouldn't be as bad. He Lied! Wow, it hurts. The trip to Wichita was expensive. My cruise control was set at about 68. I passed a car, and naturally I accelerated to get around. Just as I got back in my lane I met a trooper. He clocked me going 80. $120.00! $60 for speeding, & another $60 for court costs. What a rip! Who's going to court anyway? You can't win, so theres no point in fighting it. On the brighter side, at least it's over, and it'll feel better when it quits hurting. It will be a few days before I feel like shooting pool, but maybe I'll shoot better. At least I can hope. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
08-02-2005, 10:48 PM
glad to hear that you are on the mend. get well soon. you do know that you have everybodies best wishes on here. so welcome back and take care. you are still on my prayer list. so keep the faith.....................mike

stickman
08-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Thanks, Mike! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure that all will be better in time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
08-03-2005, 06:31 AM
Heres wishing you well Sticks. That ticket is a bummer but sh*t happens.

Hang in there, I praying fer ya.

dg-in-centralpa
08-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Best wishes Stickman. I,too, had a tube in my jugular vein when I was on dialysis. I just had a checkup with my kidney doc this morning. I'm off dialysis two months now, and my blood report shows that my kidneys fully recovered. Man was I relieved. Any chance of a transplant?

DG

Rich R.
08-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Stick, I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as "minor surgery". There is risk involved in all surgery.
I wish you the best and hope you get back to playing pool real soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
08-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Duane, I'm glad your kidneys revived. The IJ was just a nausance. It would rub my cue when I was shooting. When it came out, it really didn't hurt, and I was happy for loosing the interference in my stroke. The other one hurt, but I'm sure it is just a matter of time for it to heal. I'm not interested in a transplant. The cost is substancial, with no gaurantee of results. I've heard of numerous tales of unsuccessful transplants, unbelievably costly rejection drugs, and other overwelming medical costs. I get along okay with dialysis, and accept that things could always be worse.
Thanks to all for the replies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim

cueball1950
08-03-2005, 08:47 PM
well stick. i am on several lists for transplant donor. bone marrow and i have signed a paper donating all usable organs for transplant if something happensd to me....mike

stickman
08-04-2005, 06:18 AM
That's cool, Mike. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif I've donated any useable organs also. My kidneys aren't good, but hopefully some of my parts are still good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My tummy is getting better, so I think I'll being playing again soon.

SpiderMan
08-04-2005, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Just as I got back in my lane I met a trooper. He clocked me going 80. $120.00! $60 for speeding, &amp; another $60 for court costs. What a rip! <hr /></blockquote>

It could have been worse - a ticket for 83 in a 70 near Sulphur Springs, TX was about $200 five years ago. That's with a "no contest" plea and signing up for a driver safety class (another $40, but it kept the record clean).

Some of these small towns make significant revenue from their traffic courts!

SpiderMan

stickman
08-04-2005, 11:30 AM
$200.00 5 years ago! Zowee! I'm definitely buying a Bel RX65 Pro Radar Laser Detector next payday.

stickman
08-04-2005, 08:37 PM
I played league tonight, and we would have been short a player, if I hadn't played. I felt like I might play with minimal pain. I'm a sk5 and played a sk5. I smoked my opponent 4/0! I guess I'm good to go now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the prayers. I guess they helped.

Ralph S.
08-04-2005, 11:10 PM
I hope the recovery is a fast one. Get well soon. The ticket bit sucks though.