b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to kill thousands of people by:
a. Bugs Bunny
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? Ha!Ha!Ha!

So, to ensure that we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. Security must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honour winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Guess who just bombed London? Why? Why?

It's too bad we cannot try to live in harmony. Whipping someone's ass never changes their mind. Killing them surely can't change someone's mind. Useless killing harms everyone. People are spending more money to kill people, than is spent making lives better.

Most folks don't care what church their neighbor attends or even if their neighbor doesn't go to church. Live & let live is a good philosophy. 2/3rds of this world is still living a life style of at least a 100 years ago... All of the useless energy & money, that is wasted on killing people, could be used to bring our worldly neighbors up to speed... That would be a "real good example" of showing we care for one another.

Please understand this; people on the street don't make policy for a country, rotten politicians make policy.

Chopstick
08-03-2005, 12:07 PM
The other day in Italy people saw a Muslim guy with a back pack praying on a city street. They called the cops. The cops came and it turned out to be nothing.

Ask any of those anit-profiling lefties what they would do if they saw a Muslim guy with a back pack praying in front of their house or place of business.

Cueless Joey
08-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Political correctness and ACLU can kiss my @$$.
IF I see an middle-eastern looking dude video taping the airport, I'm calling security.

9 Ball Girl
08-04-2005, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Ask any of those anit-profiling lefties what they would do if they saw a Muslim guy with a back pack praying in front of their house or place of business. <hr /></blockquote>Here in New York you see people of Muslim religion praying all over the place. Nothing new for me here.

On the other hand, I work in the Federal Building, and you see every race and gender taking pictures of the building and video taping it, or sometimes of themselves using the building as a backdrop. The FPS Officers (Federal Protectice Service), when they can, put a stop to it. Also, bomb threats are a dime a dozen here.

Whatever happens happens. I ain't scared. There's no time to be scared in the Big Apple. You gotta live your life, ya know? I have to ride the subway everyday to go to work. Do I think about bombs going off down there? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

We're not an invincible country, unfortunately.

run800mgrl
08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I really like your post- it is refreshing to hear that point of view, since it is not one shared by many.

Fran Crimi
08-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Quote: "8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40"

There's more that happened on that same day that most people don't know about. There were two more planes in the air carrying live bombs that were timed to go off over the ocean. All three were supposed to blow over the ocean within two hours of each other. The call claiming responsibility came in after the Pan Am flight blew up. The caller said there were two more. Husband and wife students of mine were on one of the planes, an Alitalia flight from Rome to JFK. The story they told me was like a scene out of a horror movie. They said suddenly the first officer went running down the aisle then running back up. Then an announcement was made that there was a bomb on the plane and it had been confirmed by the f.o., and according to the timer on the bomb, they had less than an hour to turn around over the ocean and get back to Mainland Europe. It was going to be close. They weren't going to make it to an airport so they would have to pick a spot to land and hope for the best.

They reached the coast of France with 20 minutes left and the capt said they were going to have to land in an open field. They were told as soon as the plane stopped to slide down the shute and run as fast as they can away from the plane. This wasn't going to be easy for my students who had brought along the husband's 90 yr old father on the trip.

The plane hit hard and did manage to stop and they all ran for their lives barefoot through a field covered with thorny growth. In the meantime, the bomb squad was there waiting and managed to diffuse the bomb with just 2 minutes to spare. The passengers arrived bloody and exhausted at a farmhouse asking for water. The owners, with their French hospitality, sized up the situation and saw an opportunity to make money and insisted on charging the passengers for drinks of water, the equivalent of $10 U.S. dollars per glass. Most people didn't have any money on them and the husband was the only one who had anything substantial so he paid out hundreds of dollars to these people to get water for the passengers. It was unreal.

When the French authorities found out about it, they got the money back for him.

Anyway, yes, my students say yes, definitely profile, and so do I (and they can throw in the French while they're at it). And so does my friend who lost his daughter on 9-11. I think sometimes people don't realize how serious this all is until you are personally affected. By then, it's usually too late.

Fran

Ralph S.
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I like that response Fran. I too am in favor of profiling. People of Mid-east decent can cry foul if they want. I think what the NYCLU is doing is wrong. All they are doing is making it easier for another act akin to 9-11.

nAz
08-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Hey i think we should stop all the blacks that drive expensive cars and dress in gansta clothes while were at it, they must be drug dealers anyways carrying guns while driving stolen cars.

j/k

actually what i really think is that people that believe that all Americans of middle eastern decent should be profiled are taking a short cut to thinking. they need to get their head out their fu@king asss... that way i can have room to kick my foot up their fu@king asss, stupid mother fu@kers.

BTW if I was a suicide bomber I would dress as a hasidic Jew so I could easily by pass any of the stupid searches going on at the MTA and blow myself up at the Times square station.

pooltchr
08-05-2005, 04:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey i think we should stop all the blacks that drive expensive cars and dress in gansta clothes while were at it, they must be drug dealers anyways carrying guns while driving stolen cars.

<hr /></blockquote>

I grew up in the '60s, and anyone with long hair and blue jeans was subject to very close attention from the authorities as a possible drug user. I thought it was a bit overboard, but as I get older, I realize that chances were pretty good that they probably were. If you are going to look like a "gansta", you are probably going to be treated like one.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck.....

It's unfortunate that a radical group of terrorists have claimed the name of the muselum religeon as their source of support. Until the majority of that religeon takes steps to condemn and fight these radicals, along with the rest of the civilized world, they are going to be associated with them.

If there is a higher likelihood that someone might be breaking the law, there is a higher likelihood that they are going to be checked out very closely. That's the world we live in. If you don't like it, get some pants that fit, turn your ball cap around straight, tie your shoes, put on some clean clothes and act the part of a respectable citizen. If you are of middle eastern descent, you need to take a stand against those who have taken your identity and used it for evil purposes. Dis-associate yourself from those who would give you a bad name.

This is by no means meant as a racist comment. Every individual has the choice as to how they present themselves. They also have to accept the consequences of those choices they make.

Rich R.
08-05-2005, 05:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I like that response Fran. I too am in favor of profiling. People of Mid-east decent can cry foul if they want. I think what the NYCLU is doing is wrong. All they are doing is making it easier for another act akin to 9-11. <hr /></blockquote>I also agree with the profiling. If the groups being profiled don't like it, let them do everything they can to clean up their own, instead of ignoring them, or secretly supporting them.

9 Ball Girl
08-05-2005, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> actually what i really think is that people that believe that all Americans of middle eastern decent should be profiled are taking a short cut to thinking. they need to get their head out their fu@king"&gt;fu@king&lt;/a&gt; ass... that way i can have room to kick my foot up their &lt;a href="mailto:fu@king"&gt;fu@king&lt;/a&gt; ass, stupid &lt;a href="mailto:motherfu@kers (fu@king)

BTW if I was a suicide bomber I would dress as a hasidic Jew so I could easily by pass any of the stupid searches going on at the MTA and blow myself up at the Times square station.<hr /></blockquote>THANK YOU!

I was stopped at Times Square Train Station yesterday because the big Toys R Us bag that I was carrying that was full of toys was suspicious to the cops. I didn't think Nay or Yay of it but what's not to say that maybe in my purse--which wasn't checked--had a little something in there? Stupid incomplete searches.

This profiling thing is stupid. I'm not against them checking for security measures but they should check everyone. Remember Tim McVeigh (sp?)--and he was American!

catscradle
08-05-2005, 10:57 AM
I agree, though not "good", profiling is an absolutely neccessary law enforcement tool. Many things that are neccessary for quality law enforcement aren't strictly speaking "good", but neccessary nonetheless.

Cueless Joey
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I hope you didn't have anything embarassing in there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You know like Ricky Martin cd. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I had the Human Torch and The Thing in there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and, um, i got the cop's phone number too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif