PDA

View Full Version : Pool to billiard conversion kit

TommyT
08-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone,
I've got a chance to buy a kit that converts a Gold crown into a billiard table. The seller will come to my house and measure the openings, and cut the plugs to fit my pockets. They will also be covered with simonis 860 to match my cloth, and it also includes a set of biiliard balls that are the same size as pool balls so the action on the rails is right.
The guy says this kit is rare and hasn't seen another onr like it and this guy has been in the business a long time. He's asking 250.00. Is this a good deal and has anyone ever seen or heard of this??.
I don't play billiards, but maybe with this kit I might. At any rate I think the kit may add value to my table. It's a Gold Crown 1. And it gets a lot of play /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif .
TommyT

Cane
08-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Tommy, Assuming his work is top notch, I'd pay that for it... wonder if he charges too much of a service charge to drive to Oklahoma? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When you get these done, let us know and post pics. I'm very interested. No 3C tables within 125 miles of me.

Later,
Bob

nAz
08-05-2005, 02:16 AM
cool 3C rules... nothing more pure in billiards then 3C /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

um I'm wondering will he be installing some kind of heating elements? i would like to know what kind of set up he has that can do this?

Troy
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Wrong size table, billiard tables are 5'x10'.
Wrong cloth, billiard cloth is Simonis 300.

Troy...~~~ Same answer as on AZB

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TommyT:</font><hr> Hi everyone,
I've got a chance to buy a kit that converts a Gold crown into a billiard table. The seller will come to my house and measure the openings, and cut the plugs to fit my pockets. They will also be covered with simonis 860 to match my cloth, and it also includes a set of biiliard balls that are the same size as pool balls so the action on the rails is right.
The guy says this kit is rare and hasn't seen another onr like it and this guy has been in the business a long time. He's asking 250.00. Is this a good deal and has anyone ever seen or heard of this??.
I don't play billiards, but maybe with this kit I might. At any rate I think the kit may add value to my table. It's a Gold Crown 1. And it gets a lot of play /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif .
TommyT
<hr /></blockquote>

TommyT
08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
I think I'm gonna pass on the kit. Thanks for the input.

TommyT