PDA

View Full Version : Grand Summit

Brick_Top
08-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Anyone know what they will be doing at Slate to prepare for this tournament? Are they planning on playing upstairs or downstairs? Are they working on the tables at all?

9 Ball Girl
08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
They're going to be playing upstairs. They're going to rearrange the tables so that there is maximum space in between each (only 5-6 tables are going to be used). They're going to recloth them with Simonis (860 I think).

The semifinals and finals are going to be taped at ESPN Zone in Times Square.

Keith Talent
08-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Wendy, do you know how they're going to do things over at ESPN Zone? Did I hear free admission ... afternoon, evening?

Haven't been in that silly place since they forgot they were an NYC bar when the Mets were in playoffs with Arizona in 1999. First night, they had maybe 150 of us whooping it up -- totally under control, of course -- right till the end sometime after 2, even though the MORONS had stopped serving at the Podunk time of 1! Closing time in the city is 4 a.m., but the corporate geeks running the place apparently had never been up that late, lol.

Next night, I showed up again at 11, hoping they'd seen the light. Nah, they were just gonna close at midnight. Who cares, right? Mets in the playoffs for first time in a dozen years and they pulled this lame small-town bar act.

So I can't wait to see how they'll play this down, I guess.

Just saw your post in the tourney section. Can't beat the price at least. You have any idea on sked at ESPN?

9 Ball Girl
08-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Keith,

From what I know, it's suppose to be free admission and I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's for all day and night only because I haven't seen it mentioned otherwise. I don't know how that's all going to figure out into the scheme of things at the ESPN Zone what with all the tourists over there. I'm guessing they're going to have to square off a section or something.