PDA

View Full Version : Vintage AMF Tables Circa 1960's

bebrown1075
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello All..

Im new to the forums and Im hoping someone can help me... I have inherited an Early 1960's AMF Model 7100 Table and Im trying to find information on it. On the tag on it, it indicated it is a Model 7100, Class 82 Div 171 and serial # 649. Can someone help me find info on this table?

thanks a bunch!

Brad

cueball1950
08-07-2005, 09:03 PM
i think the person to answer this question has to be him. i know that i played on their early models from the 60's in a pool hall here called ruggy's. i also know that they had fast rails. i know that they were supposedly a table ahead of their time. i believe because of the way it leveled. maybe Mr leonard can help you out more.........................mike

DickLeonard
08-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Mike your right about the leveling system being a step ahead of all the rest. I don't know if anyone started copying their system when they stopped producing their tables. Ruggies was hot for a while being in between all the Bars on River Street. It was there that I played Toby Sweet.

The first Gold Crowns came with a box of circles to level the table, then the circles were leveling devices but you had to lift the table to turn the circles but the AMF had the table setting on turning bolts shich allowed the table to be leveled by turning the bolt either up or down. You could level the table in minutes compared to a Gold Crown.

Thanks for reminding me about Ruggies by the way I ran into Ruggy at the Track. I just got off the elevator on my way to meet Matt Graves to go up on the Roof to watch the third race on Wednesday. I didn't have time to visit.####

SPetty
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
What kind of info are you looking for? Are you looking to find out how much you could get if you sell it, or are you looking for info on how to maintain it? Are you trying to find out if it was a common or a rare table? Or where to get parts? What?

bebrown1075
08-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I am trying to find out about when it was made, if it is worth anything, what it might have cost new, if it was a rare table or junk. Im just looking for any specs on the table that might be out there. I called AMF and they told me the don't have any historical data on a table this old. This was a little odd because they have a lifetime warranty on there tables. I need to have the felt redone on it, and from the people I have talked to, this doesn't seem to be a problem.

Does this help? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brad

SPetty
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to sound so curt. It does seem surprising that AMF can't help you. My only suggestion would be to also email them - it might get to a different person than the phone call...

bebrown1075
08-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh no need to be sorry /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I did also send an Email to them. Im just surprised there is no iformation out there. Usually I can google just about anything and find it, but this has been a challenge for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks for the reply!

Brad