PDA

View Full Version : Allison Fisher

Wally_in_Cincy
08-08-2005, 06:18 AM
...is the best female player ever.

you can talk about Jean Balukas if you want but the fact is she quit before she estabilished the track record that Allison has.

and she just keeps on proving it. She went thru her opponents on the tv table like a hot knife thru butter.

it wasn;t even close.

PQQLK9
08-08-2005, 06:48 AM
yup, shore is ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluey2king
08-08-2005, 07:54 AM
I was lucky to meet her last Jan. She is a Wonderful person. I liked her before I met her but Now I am a huge Fan! She is pretty funny and sharp witted something you wont see when she is focused at a tourny.
What a Stroke she has.....!!!

killerstroke
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
I was fortunate to see her and Grady shoota couple of sets during their tour a few years ago. It was more of an intimate setting around a table, maybe 50 people, my seat was a players chair about 6 feet from the table. After watching her play in person, that close, I noticed a few things she does mechanically that improved my game immediately. The most important on being the pause.

Billy
08-08-2005, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> ...is the best female player ever.

you can talk about Jean Balukas if you want but the fact is she quit before she estabilished the track record that Allison has.

and she just keeps on proving it. She went thru her opponents on the tv table like a hot knife thru butter.

it wasn;t even close. <hr /></blockquote>

not sure of the exact number but I think Balukas had 17 tournament wins in a row

and they weren't close - the rest of the women played for second

she also played the best men and won often

best woman player I've ever seen,and I've seen them all

jmo

hondo
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Alison has better competition. I don't remember any
Players like Karen or Jeanette in Jean's day.

not sure of the exact number but I think Balukas had 17 tournament wins in a row

and they weren't close - the rest of the women played for second

she also played the best men and won often

best woman player I've ever seen,and I've seen them all

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

dg-in-centralpa
08-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree. While I've never seen Jean play, Allison has been so dominant since she came here. I would have loved to see Jean and Allison both in their prime,play each other.

DG

nAz
08-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Ya the woman can play probably the best 9Ball player ever... maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
but remember JB was way way better @ 14.1 then 9ball, and as we all know 14.1 is the true test of a champion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nostroke
08-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Gotta agree with you Wally-She was incredible. Completely untouchable and total class to boot. Just awesome. We are very fortunate to have her here in the USA.

feetdoc
08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
nawww karen is the best and nicest to look at while at the table...allison is just on a hot streak

Cueless Joey
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Allison is a great player and playing a tougher field than Jean did.
But, Jead did beat Buddy Hall and Keith McReady in one tournament.