PDA

View Full Version : Beware the Toothed African Vagina !!

SpiderMan
08-09-2005, 10:27 AM
The inventor markets it as an anti-rape device, but you'd better hope your wife isn't absent-minded enough to leave it in at home!

"The device, designed for a woman to insert, attaches itself to a rapist and has to be surgically removed."

"This is a medieval instrument, based on male-hating notions and fundamentally misunderstands the nature of rape and violence against women in this society," said Charlene Smith, one of South Africa's most prominent campaigners against rape. "It is vengeful, horrible, and disgusting. The woman who invented this needs help."

"The anti-rape device faces considerable opposition in South Africa, where it is due to go onsale in drugstores and supermarkets next month."

Vagina Dentata! (http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=401)

Rape Trap (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4080162.stm)

SpiderMan

Rich R.
08-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Ouch!!!!

9 Ball Girl
08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Whatever happened to the good ole chastity belt?

Worse yet, what if this contraption backfires? Double ouch!

Wendy~~~sigh. what men drive women to have to do...

9 Ball Girl
08-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh, here's an afterthought:

All the would be rapists will be on to this little "trap" gizmo, and all they'd have to do, probably to their pleasure, is stick something else in there to set it off and then continue on.

Cueless Joey
08-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Rape is a huge problem in Africa.
Might be an extreme solution but I dunno if it'll work.
An aware rapist might beat up the woman to take it off first then rape her.

dg-in-centralpa
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
As a kid I was always told that it has teeth.

DG - dad must be right

SPetty
08-09-2005, 03:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> "It is vengeful, horrible, and disgusting. The woman who invented this needs help."<hr /></blockquote>Rape is far worse than violent, horrible and disgusting.

Another quote from the article: "Some 1.5 million rapes occur in South Africa each year - one of the highest rates in the world."

Another quote from the article: "Ms Ehlers's critics argue that it would be better to educate men not to rape in the first place, rather than just to catch them after the deed."

Puhleeze.

"But the inventor insisted: 'I'm not an educator - I will go for those they can't educate.'"

You go girl!

Learn it boys, don't rape.

TomBrooklyn
08-10-2005, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> said Charlene Smith, The woman who invented this needs help." <hr /></blockquote>Sounds like the guys that get caught in it are going to need more help. Can we get a link to picture of this device?

Chopstick
08-10-2005, 04:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
Learn it boys, don't rape.
<hr /></blockquote>

Just curious. Who exactly are you talking to?

SPetty
08-11-2005, 07:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>Who exactly are you talking to? <hr /></blockquote>Huh?

The article said "it would be better to educate men not to rape in the first place", so just in case any man who happened to read this didn't know it already, I was attempting to teach them. Don't rape. It's pretty simple.

SpiderMan
08-11-2005, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> "It is vengeful, horrible, and disgusting. The woman who invented this needs help."<hr /></blockquote>Rape is far worse than violent, horrible and disgusting.

Another quote from the article: "Some 1.5 million rapes occur in South Africa each year - one of the highest rates in the world."

Another quote from the article: "Ms Ehlers's critics argue that it would be better to educate men not to rape in the first place, rather than just to catch them after the deed."

Puhleeze.

"But the inventor insisted: 'I'm not an educator - I will go for those they can't educate.'"

You go girl!

Learn it boys, don't rape. <hr /></blockquote>

SPetty,

You have mis-quoted, assigning Charlene's Smith's statement to me.

SpiderMan