PDA

View Full Version : 1970's Viking Cue

Floyd
08-09-2005, 11:15 AM
A guy I know is selling a Viking cue built in the late 1970's. This cue has ivory inlays and an ivory ferule, and is in good condition. It plays very well. I've played with it on a few occasions. He's selling it for $250. Is this a good deal? He said he payed $400 to $500 for it in the 70's. The cue is balanced perfect, and was his playing cue.

Also, does anyone know a website were I can look at old Viking cues? I want to buy it, but I'd like to do my homework before I do.

Fred Floyd

Barbara
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Two thoughts come to mind. You could research the cue in "The Blue Book of Cues" if you could get your hands on a copy or you could call Viking and talk to them about it.

If it truly has ivory inlays in it, I'm thinking $250 is a bit on the low side. But of course, it also depends on how many inlays are in the cue and what are their sizes.

Barbara

PQQLK9
08-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I think that was the cue that I was using when you beat me playing one-pocket /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I think its a good buy.

Pizza Bob
08-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Does it have a plastic window - either in the butt sleeve or above the wrap? Should say Viking Cue under the window. Doubtful that it's ivory - unless it was a custom, in which case I'd expect a person's name in the window. If it's a nice cue and you like the way it plays, it doesn't sound like a bad price - ivory or not. Old Vikings are finding their way to collectors, so, unless it's a real plain jane, it's doubtful you'd ever lose money on it.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Floyd
08-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Thank you for your input. Still don't know if I'm going to buy it.

Fred Floyd