PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Open?

eg8r
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Have I missed the reports on the Orlando Open? I have seen little to nothing about it? Anyone go? Was it successful? Any hitches? Did Earl act up?

eg8r <~~~~picked the wrong week to go on vacation

Nostroke
08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
You didnt miss much-It was pretty much a bust.

In the Pro event, besides Earl, Tony Crosby was the biggest name I heard.

Bob Romano, the tournament organizer, placed 2nd and 3rd in the Amateur and Pro events respectively.

Lots of complaints about Disney's prices and service.

It was an ill conceived idea to begin with. It's nearly impossible to start out in year one with an event big enough for what they planned. You have to crawl before you walk. Even the Behrmans with the huge coatails of the US Open got burned by trying to make a big shindig out of the Masters the first year. It still isnt much of a tournament.

I think Orlando in August is just a bad idea for pool players anyway. Even if you have kids, its too friggin hot to be outside with them and where do you put them at midnite while you are playing?. Most players that travel to tournaments dont have kids or have grown kids IMHO. How many kids do you see at the BCA in Vegas? They have very little interest in Mickey and his friends so getting them to pay premium prices to be in Orlando is a hard sell.

From late Nov though March give a pool player an excuse to go to Florida and a lot of them will go. Because of the intense competition fairly good hotel rooms can be had for $30-70.

eg8r
08-12-2005, 05:23 AM
That is a shame. Anyone who is surprised by prices at Disney has never been there before. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DebraLiStarr
08-12-2005, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> That is a shame. Anyone who is surprised by prices at Disney has never been there before. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I spent about an hour at this event on Saturday afternoon. If this event was a failure, then it had absolutely nothing to do with Disney. They had like 40 something bar tables set up in the Veracruz area of Coronado Springs Resort. They did not lay carpet down, so the floor was just bare cement. It looked horrible. It is understood beforehand that carpeting is extra and its not free. As far as what I saw, it was mostly APA League people playing on Saturday. Blackjack was there raising money for Vivian Villareal's charity and Earl Strickland was there when I was leaving. I paid $3 to get in, I think the $3 went to the Chris Cass Memorial Fund. There was a picture of Chris posted at the door, but it didn't say anything about him or whether the money was being raised for him. The entire thing looked as if it was poorly planned. There was a guy on the PA system and nobody could hear what he was saying because they had these 2 small speakers and the sound echoing off of the walls and the concrete floor.

I work in the accounting dept of Walt Disney World Resorts and we hold over 500 separate events in that resort annually. I had never seen anything like that - ever. I know that Disney prices are expensive. I won't argue about that. It is what it is. That event was not a failure because of anything that Disney did. The space is leased out and it is up to the event coordinators to get people in the doors. Convention services will do everything in their power to assist with every event to ensure that things run smoothly. I have heard that their was some difficulty working with the people that were running this event. I don't know the specifics, but I have heard that there were a lot of misunderstandings. All I can say is that Walt Disney World Resorts hosts thousands of events every year in a variety of different venues and we receive very few complaints about our accomodations.

sterlinggaming
08-13-2005, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I spent about an hour at this event on Saturday afternoon. If this event was a failure, then it had absolutely nothing to do with Disney. They had like 40 something bar tables set up in the Veracruz area of Coronado Springs Resort. They did not lay carpet down, so the floor was just bare cement. It looked horrible. It is understood beforehand that carpeting is extra and its not free. As far as what I saw, it was mostly APA League people playing on Saturday. Blackjack was there raising money for Vivian Villareal's charity and Earl Strickland was there when I was leaving. I paid $3 to get in, I think the $3 went to the Chris Cass Memorial Fund. There was a picture of Chris posted at the door, but it didn't say anything about him or whether the money was being raised for him. The entire thing looked as if it was poorly planned. There was a guy on the PA system and nobody could hear what he was saying because they had these 2 small speakers and the sound echoing off of the walls and the concrete floor.

I work in the accounting dept of Walt Disney World Resorts and we hold over 500 separate events in that resort annually. I had never seen anything like that - ever. I know that Disney prices are expensive. I won't argue about that. It is what it is. That event was not a failure because of anything that Disney did. The space is leased out and it is up to the event coordinators to get people in the doors. Convention services will do everything in their power to assist with every event to ensure that things run smoothly. I have heard that their was some difficulty working with the people that were running this event. I don't know the specifics, but I have heard that there were a lot of misunderstandings. All I can say is that Walt Disney World Resorts hosts thousands of events every year in a variety of different venues and we receive very few complaints about our accomodations. <hr /></blockquote>

I beg to disagree. Yes, everything is extra, carpet, food service, tables, garbage cans, internet access, and apparently even a clear path to the event. For two days there were LARGE groups of people laying in the floor like huge flowers making it nearly impossible to walk in the doors or down the mile long hallway to get to the exorbiantly priced food court. We had to ask many, many times to have the people cleared from the hallway. It was painfully obvious that the Ernst and Young intern thing was much more important to Disney than the Orlando Open.

Yes Disney is high priced but $8 for a roll with ONE piece of ham and one piece of cheese is not just high priced it is gouging. We paid $12 for a snadwich from room service that took an hour to deliver and it arrived nearly FROZEN.

I don't care how many conventions you run. As a convetion host and a hotelier, Disney sucks at both in my opinion.

Disney will not get any more of my money if I can help it in my lifetime.

John Barton

eg8r
08-13-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how many conventions you run. As a convetion host and a hotelier, Disney sucks at both in my opinion.

Disney will not get any more of my money if I can help it in my lifetime.
<hr /></blockquote> It is a shame, but first impressions are lasting ones.

eg8r

DebraLiStarr
08-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Mr. Barton,
I sent you a private message. Items such as garbage cans should have been taken care of by the people running the event. As I said in my earlier post, Walt Disney World Resorts hosts many events throughout the year. If you were unhappy with your event, I will refer you back to the people that organized it. Disney is a high profile venue and the prices are high. As I said in my earler post, it is what it is. I work here every day and I don't eat in the restaurants. The prices are high. There are several other options for food located within 10 minutes driving distance of Coronado Springs.

I saw the layout of this event with my own eyes and I have also heard that the organizers of this event were very rude with staff, unorganized, and unwilling to provide some of the basic services for his event (such as carpet, security, catering, etc.) I believe that the people that ran this event did not plan it properly. Most of our events are planned several months in advance and it takes constant planning and organzing (and funding) to make an event successful such as the Ernst &amp; Young event that you mentioned. From what I saw, this event was just a bunch of coin operated pool tables, 5-6 vendors, and that was it. It doesn't take a genius to see why it was such a mess. Ed, why didn't you go to check it out? Just wondering.. but I think I know why... probably the same rason I went and only stayed for a little while. You didn't miss much.

Barbara
08-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Don't give up hope! It takes a lot to start out on a first year event. I heard that Dawn and Allen took some heat from their first Expo and now look at it.

It's always a learning process. I hope you took some notes and feedback. Whether it was positive or negative, don't take it personal and look forward to learning from it.

Go with it!

Barbara

Barbara
08-13-2005, 06:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> It is a shame, but first impressions are lasting ones.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Yes and no.

Dawn And Allen Hopkins started their Billiards Expo at a venue they left the second year with better success and increased it to what it is today. Just because you pick a wrong venue one year doesn't mean you can't make it happen the next year.

You have to start somewhere and I see Bob and Eydie doing just that.

Barbara

eg8r
08-13-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, why didn't you go to check it out? Just wondering.. but I think I know why... probably the same rason I went and only stayed for a little while. You didn't miss much.
<hr /></blockquote> I was in Washington State on vacation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would definitely have been there to check it out if I had been in town and it would have been cool to finally meet you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also, would not have eaten at Disney. I have spent plenty on property to know that it is worth the few minutes to drive across the street and eat at one of the other restaurants near Disney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~used to work the graveyard shift at Perkins just across the street, made fun of all the drunks leaving PI, and collected their tips /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
08-13-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to start somewhere and I see Bob and Eydie doing just that. <hr /></blockquote> I hope it continues to get better every year. Hopefully, if it is anywhere near Orlando next time, I will get the chance to stop by.

eg8r

onepocketchump
08-14-2005, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> Mr. Barton,
I sent you a private message. Items such as garbage cans should have been taken care of by the people running the event. As I said in my earlier post, Walt Disney World Resorts hosts many events throughout the year. If you were unhappy with your event, I will refer you back to the people that organized it. Disney is a high profile venue and the prices are high. As I said in my earler post, it is what it is. I work here every day and I don't eat in the restaurants. The prices are high. There are several other options for food located within 10 minutes driving distance of Coronado Springs.

I saw the layout of this event with my own eyes and I have also heard that the organizers of this event were very rude with staff, unorganized, and unwilling to provide some of the basic services for his event (such as carpet, security, catering, etc.) I believe that the people that ran this event did not plan it properly. Most of our events are planned several months in advance and it takes constant planning and organzing (and funding) to make an event successful such as the Ernst &amp; Young event that you mentioned. From what I saw, this event was just a bunch of coin operated pool tables, 5-6 vendors, and that was it. It doesn't take a genius to see why it was such a mess. Ed, why didn't you go to check it out? Just wondering.. but I think I know why... probably the same rason I went and only stayed for a little while. You didn't miss much.

<hr /></blockquote>

Look, I am not putting the entire blame on Disney for an event with less turnout than expected. I am only saying that as a convention host Disney is sorely lacking in my opinion. I have been at conventions where the convention center had the snack bar set up during move in and move out as well as during the event itself. As opposed to Disney's attempt to extort a $13,000 deposit to put a snack bar in the room.

I have never seen a convention center that required the convention to rent public trash cans.

While we are on the subject of the Ernst and Young Convention. What success and careful planning is required when all they have is a large room with blue gymnastic carpet around the room and some kind of makeshift a-frame tumblers around the room. I have never been to a "serious" convention where large groups of people sat in cult like circles in the hallway blocking everyone else. And let's not forget that the cult-like chanting and team spirit cheers were fairly loud and distracting to the players who did brave the heat and Disney's high prices and inhospitable service.

I didn't receive your PM. I don't know if you play pool competitively but most events of this type are run on coin-op tables in a large room with vendors. What we ususally don't have a problem with is trash cans and food.

I am not some kind of neophyte who is unused to convention center and resort prices. I am however unused to the level of arrogance and price gouging extortionism practiced by those in charge at the "happiest place on Earth."

Perhaps the best example of just 'how' arrogant they are was when the convention center manager came riding in on his Segway and didn't even have the courtesy to get off the thing and talk to us. He stayed on it while talking to (down) to us. I mean it was pretentious beyond belief.

As to the restaurants being ten minutes away. You're right. There are and we ate at them. I would have gladly paid more for service at Disney but it was either to far to walk to (walk fifteen minutes there and 15 back loaded down with overpriced crappy food) or closed. So the logical option was to drive out of Disney's maze into tons of traffic and construction along 192 or go to Disney's mecca to cardiac arrest - the apparently Disney owned McDonalds right before the highway.

If I worked there I probably wouldn't eat at the restaurants either. It's just another indicator of what a lousy place it is if they don't provide an employee cafeteria with good food at decent prices.

The bottom line is that I was a guest. Bob and Eydie Romano were guests there as well. They and I were Disney's customers. The attraction to go there and to hold an event there is Disney. They could have rented a large building anywhere in the United States. Disney treated them and me badly, worse than I have ever seen any host treat any guest at any event I have been attended before. Maybe Bob and Eydie weren't prepared for all the particular conditions but Disney made it clear that they would prefer to be draconion rather than congenial.

So, like I said, no more of my money will be spent at Disney. It won't matter though, because as P.T. Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute."

John Barton

DebraLiStarr
08-15-2005, 03:52 AM
John
The PM I sent you was to your sterlinggaming ID. I am sorry you did not enjoy the service and accomodations at Disney. Once again, the complaints you have with the service and accomodations go directly back to the people that planned the event. Poor planning = poor event. I don't know Edie personally, but I heard she was extremely rude with Convention Services and very uncooperative, and making demands upon people who were not in a position to give her what she was asking. Disney is a high profile venue, and the prices were not raised just for the Orlando Open. The prices are always high. As I said, it is what it is. Earlier, Ed said that you should have expected the prices beforehand, and he is correct.

RailbirdJAM
08-15-2005, 04:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>...Once again, the complaints you have with the service and accomodations go directly back to the people that planned the event. Poor planning = poor event. I don't know Edie personally...<hr /></blockquote>

How dare you! You are in the service industry there at Disney, and as such, it is up to Disney -- not the Romanos -- to provide suitable conditions for the Orlando Open. The Romanos placed their trust in the Disney name and as such selected it to host an event in which they allocated their own monies out of pocket up front as well as devoted many months of hard work to bring this baby to fruition. Anyone who follows the pool media knows that the Romanos posted NUMEROUS banner ads as well as advertising in pool media. They obtained a logo, but were quickly informed by Disney to not include Mickey's picture in it. What a joke!

You're lucky it wasn't me down there at the Disney Convention Services because, if I was not provided the BARE NECESSITIES like a friggin trash can, I would have been livid and made my presence known to all within earshot.

Like OnePocketChump, I've traveled across the country related to my work. Usually, it is the norm for the Convention Services to provide a COMFORTABLE environment.

If Disney is going to be in the convention service industry, then they should follow through with the bare minimum at least. From reading the numerous complaints by those in attendance, it would not surprise me if Disney charged a dollar to use a Disney bathroom.

It sounds to me like the Romanos got ripped off big time, and if DebraLiStarr is representative of the attitude of Disney in Florida, I would think a letter written to the higher-ups is in order by all those in attendance.

I cannot believe what I am reading related to the Orlando Open. Disney Convention Services sucks big time, thanks to the attitude represented by DebraLiStarr of the TRAGIC Kingdom.

RailbirdJAM

eg8r
08-15-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How dare you! You are in the service industry there at Disney, and as such, it is up to Disney -- not the Romanos -- to provide suitable conditions for the Orlando Open. The Romanos placed their trust in the Disney name and as such selected it to host an event in which they allocated their own monies out of pocket up front as well as devoted many months of hard work to bring this baby to fruition. Anyone who follows the pool media knows that the Romanos posted NUMEROUS banner ads as well as advertising in pool media. They obtained a logo, but were quickly informed by Disney to not include Mickey's picture in it. What a joke! <hr /></blockquote> A joke? Did the Romano's pay for advertising rights using Mickey's picture? Surely that is just common sense to not use his picture until after paying for the rights or getting approval. Sounds like you might believe in the saying, "Asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission". I am not defending Disney because there is any allegiance to them, it is basically for the simple fact that you guys obviously did not plan as well as you thought.

Since you are adamant about not having another tourney here, there is no use in trying to find out where your planning fell through (and where Disney was wrong), because it sounds as though you did not do anything wrong and Disney gets all the blame. There is never an event in which only one side is to blame, so until you are willing to accept that, you will probably be continually disappointed.

What I cannot understand for the life of me was why an organizer for a pool playing event chose Disney. Pool players are consistently the cheapest group of people around. They complain about everything and want everything for free. I am sure some on this board are not like that, but the reality of it is that those on this board are not a great sample of the pool playing population.

This is really why I wanted to know how things went as it was surprising to me that the event was held at Disney. Disney is historically overpriced and poolplayers are historically cheap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif An accident waiting to happen, but I was really hoping for best as this would have been another tournament near my home. I went an played pool this weekend where the cost was $5 for the afternoon to play pool. Of the 30 or so people I saw playing pool (not sitting at the bar) more than half had water (free) or nothing at all.

eg8r

RailbirdJAM
08-15-2005, 05:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>A joke? Did the Romano's pay for advertising rights using Mickey's picture? Surely that is just common sense to not use his picture until after paying for the rights or getting approval. Sounds like you might believe in the saying, "Asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission"...<hr /></blockquote>

Yep, getting a logo for the Orlando Open was one of those hidden costs and additional expense to the Romanos, hoping to make the Orlando Open the best it could possibly be. Disney collected their monies with no problem, but were quick to tell them AFTER THE FACT that they could use no Disney likeness in their advertising ventures promoting an event on Disney soil.

For the many months of hard work and monies expended by the Romanos, I find the Disney response to the unsuitable conditions as flippant and off the wall.

It is a lessons-learned and a black eye to Disney. The only mistake the Romanos made was thinking they could promote a wonderful Disney experience for all those in attendance. I applaud them for their tireless efforts, and I feel their pain after reading how Disney treated them after they swallowed up their monies and provided very little in the way of amenities immediately upon their arrival. Bare floors, one trash can, and no decent food or refreshments. It is shameful.

RailbirdJAM

landshark77
08-15-2005, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RailbirdJAM:</font><hr> Bare floors, one trash can, and no decent food or refreshments. It is shameful.
<hr /></blockquote>

Now JAM, I have nothing in this at all...but I just wanted to see if you actually understood what was being said. Disney (or any other venue) does not have to supply services/items that were not ordered. Eydie and Bob get total props in my book for planning such an event...and I agree with what Barb said..it can only get better with time...the first one always has some snags. But I'll give you the Valley Forge example...Valley Forge is an EXTREMELY nice event. I LOVE Valley Forge, but the VF Convention Center is NOT giving ANYTHING to the Hopkins for free...they order the nessicities and then CHARGE for them. They charge the players in the tourney (part of their entry goes towards the cost of the tables/ balls/ set up/ etc...) They charge the gen public for admission. They charge the vendors...it was $950 for one booth space last year. What does the booth include? It includes one trash can, one table, a square of carpet, two chairs, the back drop, and one small sign. You can have up to 4 people working in your booth. Thus you may need extra chairs which cost extra. If you need another table it is Extra. If you need telephone or interenet it is extra. And IMO extra= overpriced...it is like $300 for internet, if I remember correctly. Sure you can bring your own stuff in too...I dunno how Disney is about that, But IMO, Disney is only to provide services that were ordered and no more. If Carpet wasn't paid for then Disney has no obligation to supply carpet. JMHO. FWIW.

eg8r
08-15-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I applaud them for their tireless efforts, and I feel their pain after reading how Disney treated them after they swallowed up their monies and provided very little in the way of amenities immediately upon their arrival. <hr /></blockquote> If there is one thing Disney does best, it is swallow up your money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This mention of bare floors came up before, it just leads me to question, what sort of questions did the Romano's ask when setting this up. What amenities were they told Disney would provide? Did Disney provide those? Did they ask if any of this would be provided. If none of these questions were asked and the Romano's just "expected" then there is no doubt about it, that was poor planning.

I am not sure what it has been like in past events for the Romano's but after being part of two very large Antique Car shows set up in Convention Centers, not only did we know how many garbage cans would be provided, we also knew where they would be located. This was all known well in advance of us even showing up.

I don't want these posts to come across as critical of the Romano's, because I do believe they are good people that spent a lot of money to get this up and going and they wanted the best turn out possible. I would have liked the same things also. Have they ever tried anything like this in the past? I consider Disney to be part of the "big leagues" as far as conventions go. Because of that, I am afraid, you might have gotten what you paid for, being that not only is their food expensive but everything is equally as expensive. If you ever go to Disney (vacation, convention, etc) and think you got a good deal, then you just are not paying attention. You pay for what you get, and if you did not pay a fortune, then don't expect the red carpet to roll out upon your arrival.

eg8r

RailbirdJAM
08-15-2005, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>Now JAM, I have nothing in this at all...but I just wanted to see if you actually understood what was being said. Disney (or any other venue) does not have to supply services/items that were not ordered.<hr /></blockquote>

Landshark77, I understand full well what was being said. Maybe the Romanos should have asked Disney if a roof and four walls are provided as a designated area to play pool. Walking over mounds of people sitting in circles in the hallways from Ernst &amp; Young must have been terrible for the attendees.

FWIW, pool events have been occurring in Valley Forge since before you were born. The comparison of your booth at the SBE and the Orlando Open is not a good one. Two very different venues.

In my earlier work life, I used to handle the logistics for LEAA (Law Enforcement Assistance Administration) for workshops around the country. I made travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, and dealt with numerous hotels and convention centers to provide meeting space for conferences. I have NEVER heard of having the foresight to ask if carpeting is included. The way Disney Convention Services treated the Romanos is disgusting (IMO).

After months and months of planning and preparation for the Orlando Open, a first of its kind, the Romanos were hoping to create a fun pool experience for all. When DebraLiStarr states that the Romanos had poor preparation and poor planning, I don't think she understands full well what went into this.

It is Disney Convention Services who provided a low-class venue, and for top dollar at that. The Tragic Kingdom, indeed!

RailbirdJAM

onepocketchump
08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> John
The PM I sent you was to your sterlinggaming ID. I am sorry you did not enjoy the service and accomodations at Disney. Once again, the complaints you have with the service and accomodations go directly back to the people that planned the event. Poor planning = poor event. I don't know Edie personally, but I heard she was extremely rude with Convention Services and very uncooperative, and making demands upon people who were not in a position to give her what she was asking. Disney is a high profile venue, and the prices were not raised just for the Orlando Open. The prices are always high. As I said, it is what it is. Earlier, Ed said that you should have expected the prices beforehand, and he is correct. <hr /></blockquote>

Debra,

My complaints about poor food and service from Disney staff have nothing at all to do with the Romanos. My complaints about having the hallways be free of people laying in the floor have nothing to do with the Romanos. My complaints about inadequate internet connectivity and a lack of information about how to connect has nothing to do with the Romanos.

Your company treated us horribly. When I say "us" I am referring to myself and my girlfriend. We had a substandard room, had inadequate internet connectivity and poor room service.

But since you want to debate this. Allowing people to fan out and fill up the ONLY pathway to another event is amateurish, impolite, inconsiderate, and a fire-hazard. Was Eydie supposed to pay for a clear pathway as well? I would love to see your contract. I bet that there is nowhere in it where the Romanos were required to pay for public trashcans and for the maintenence of them. If so then your company truly is pathetic.

Whatever you want to maintain, you have a convention center located inside a resort. This should require that special care be taken to hold the hand of the organizers so that everyone can have a good experience. This means that WHOEVER can get stuff done should be available ALL THE TIME.

My girlfriend was forced to walk all the way to the front desk to complain about the people blocking the hallways AFTER we had asked NICELY three times for them to clear out, after we had CALLED twice from the house phone. Only when my girlfriend threatened to call the fire marshall was there any action taken on this front. IF any of us were rude then it WAS only in response to the apathy, ignorance, inability, and outright hostility shown by the staff at your company.

Just be glad you have a decent (at least I hope it is) job with them. I won't be contributing to your salary and you are only cementing that attitude with your remarks.

John

DebraLiStarr
08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
John,
You could have responded to me in private because what you responded to in your post were things I said to you privately. I'm not debating anything with you. I saw it with my own eyes and I was treated rudely when I asked simple questions at the table that was out in the hallway. Chances are you received a complimentary room from the event organizers so you paid nothing for it, and if you did pay anything for your room it was at a greatly reduced group rate. If you are that unhappy with your stay, send me an e-mail and I can give you information on where to call and you may be eligible to receive compensation for the services you were unhappy with. Also there are phones located in every location. You did not have to walk all the way to the front desk. You could have contacted Convention Services or Guest Services from the phone. There are also several desks located within the Coronado Springs Resort where you could have reported the problem. If you were treated rudely by any Disney cast member (employees), I would be more than happy to get with you and forward the nature of your complaint directly to the director of Convention Services.

I will not do this for free. I want all the back issues of Inside Pool that I haven't received this year. I don't care who runs the magazine or who runs the website, someone needs to give me my magazines or give me back my money. Understood? If you can't, then get me in touch with JR or anybody that may have touched or handled my money. Someone received my money and I did not receive my magazines. That's theft. I ordered it through the website, so its now your problem. For 8 bucks at Disney you got a roll with a slice a ham. For my money I haven't received anything at all. It's been over 9 months. Send me a ham sandwich and we'll call it even. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onepocketchump
08-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Debra,

We paid for the room at the "group" rate, which turns out is the same as the Florida resident rate. The out-of-state walk-up rate? $159. Not so greatly reduced after all.

I can't help you with the Inside Pool subscription or contacting that thief JR Calvert. Send me an address and I will gladly send you some Inside Pool mags from our warehouse and a gift certificate for a Ham Sandwich. You'll forgive me though if I do you the favor and don't get you a Disney gift card.

I don't want to be reimbursed by Disney. I just feel that the Romanos were in fact unfairly treated by the staff there and the overall service wasn't so great that Disney is "all that". I definitely got the impression that there are a lot of "cast members" who have no clue as to what the rest of the world is doing, as well as many who were congenial and apologetic for the treatment of the Romanos at the hands of their colleagues. Names withheld to protect retribution by Evil Mickey on his Segway.

I responded only to what you said you wrote. I still haven't looked at that PM.

John