PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots car to silence alarm

SnakebyteXX
08-12-2005, 06:01 AM
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (AP) -- A man annoyed by a noisy car alarm fired at least three bullets into a Toyota Camry, silencing the alarm but getting arrested in the process.

David Owen Rye, 48, was booked for investigation of reckless discharge of a firearm and felony vandalism, Sgt. John Adamczyk said. He allegedly told officers he grabbed his handgun and went out to stop the alarm.

The car's owner was visiting a friend when he heard the gunfire at about 10 p.m. Tuesday.

Police were called to the Yosemite Avenue apartment building and Rye was ordered out of his apartment by an officer with a bullhorn. A Los Angeles Police Department helicopter also responded.

Neighbor Ken Davis said he heard gunshots and looked outside to see Rye holding a gun.

"It was little scary," Davis said. "I didn't know what kind of mood he was in. I didn't want to say anything to him."

web page (http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2005/08/11/updates/odds_and_ends/6f4f2bc8453a981f8625705a005b9f00.txt)

ras314
08-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I've wanted to do that more than once. Damn car is just setting there without anything touching it and decides to start making a racket. Seems like it ought to be put out of it's misery.

eg8r
08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
David Owen Rye, 48, was booked for investigation of reckless discharge of a firearm and felony vandalism, Sgt. John Adamczyk said. <hr /></blockquote> That is not reckless. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hate hearing car alarms. It seems that fad has died down just like all those idiots with all that bass billowing out of their cars. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Rod
08-13-2005, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
David Owen Rye, 48, was booked for investigation of reckless discharge of a firearm and felony vandalism, Sgt. John Adamczyk said. <hr /></blockquote> That is not reckless. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hate hearing car alarms. It seems that fad has died down just like all those idiots with all that bass billowing out of their cars. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I hate that stuff to. Noise polution, just like cell phones going off, then when they talk its 4 times louder than needed. I don't want to hear the cr*% that comes out of their mouth.

Its amazing, moms/dads driving down the road in the suv with several kids. I've seen kids even standing in the front seat. All the while the parent talking on the cell phone while driving. Sadly it takes something serious to happen to make people realize talking and driving don't mix. Thats whether they have kids or not.

Rod