PDA

View Full Version : Well, I had to tell someone!

Nostalgia
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Just wanted to share a milestone for me. I have only run a handful of 9-ball racks before. Few enough to count on one hand, in fact.

Today I was shooting at work with some friends. I was winning, and at one point I broke and didn't make a ball. My opponent shot and scratched. I took ball in hand and ran out from the 1. I was happy, noticing that my play was more consistent than it has been. The next guy racked and I broke and ran out. My position play was superb; the guy even commented on it. The guy who gave me BIH came back, telling me how he was going to sandbag the rack, which he did. I broke and ran out AGAIN anyway! What an awesome feeling /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So that's it. I've never strung together back-to-back runouts and it was just great to shoot consistently enough to be able to. I continued to shoot well, only losing when one guy snapped the 9 on the break, and when he ended up making a Hail Mary 1-5-9 combo.

Thanks for listening /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Joe

P.S. Thanks, Fran /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
08-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Congratulations! Happy to hear your game is reaching new heights!
Steve

stickman
08-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Congratulations! Putting back to back racks is a milestone, one I have yet to achieve. Hopefully, we'll get there as well. I run a rack from time to time, but don't string them together. Keep up the good work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

theinel
08-14-2005, 04:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Congratulations! Putting back to back racks is a milestone, one I have yet to achieve. Hopefully, we'll get there as well. I run a rack from time to time, but don't string them together. Keep up the good work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Stickman,

With over 1900 posts, if you can't sting together two racks, you should spend more time practicing and less time typing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I couldn't resist posting this. I hope you know I'm just kidding /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I've been reading these forums for years but only just started posting recently. I thought that you were a champ until I saw a recent post about you being a 5 in the APA. I know you struggle with some kidney problems and I hope things are going well for you. I can relate because I'm 35 and have had Type 1 Diabetes for 25 years and am starting to struggle with my health too.

Wishing you all the best,

stickman
08-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your health problems. Just remember, many years ago we both would have probably not survived, if not for medical advances. In spite of our challenges, we can still play pool, even if, not as well as we wished. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif The best to you as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim

Gayle in MD
08-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello friend, and how's it going? Great news! A big congratulations to you! Hope you are doing well...
Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
08-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Excellent, Joe! That's nearly a 3-bagger. Congratulations on getting your game to the next level.

Fran

CarolNYC
08-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Hey Joe,

[ QUOTE ]
Today I was shooting at work with some friends <hr /></blockquote>

GOOD "job!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol

Nostalgia
08-15-2005, 04:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>[ QUOTE ]
Today I was shooting at work with some friends<hr /></blockquote>GOOD "job!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<hr /></blockquote>
D'oh! Yea, I've got it pretty tough here /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Joe