PDA

View Full Version : Leonard and David Wale, Idcues on E-Bay

tateuts
08-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I just want to warn everyone that my good friend just had a very bad experience with Leonard and David Wale. My friend, Bill is putting together a beautiful collection of early Schon's and bought this cue from them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...gory=95100&rd=1

He reached a negotiated off the books deal on E-Bay. When the cue came in, it was missing the inlays in three of the points. Naturally, they photographed the one point that had the inlay for the ad! The mystery was solved when Evan Clark informed my firend that he thought the cue had been turned in an effort to straighten it, and whoever did the work sanded through the other inays.

David Wale, who has the e-mail address walefam5@bellsouth.net and operates out of Florida, refused to take the cue back, even though my friend contacted him for a refund within few days. I personally called Leonard and wrote David to no avail. I had, unfortunately, given them a good reference from a prior positive experience.

When they say buyer beware, forewarned is forearmed. Wow.

Chris

BillPorter
08-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Chris, it looks like they have already taken down that page on eBay. You just get a "Page Not Responding" error message from eBay. I have to wonder what the positive feedback percentage was for the seller!?

tateuts
08-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi Bill,

Sorry, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7170224836&category=95 100&rd=1

Chris

ceebee
08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Someday, the shitheads will be part of ebay's doom.

Ebay won't stand up for you, the consumer or buyer, they only want to do business with the seller of goods, because the seller pays the bills.

Fran Crimi
08-15-2005, 05:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr>
Ebay won't stand up for you, the consumer or buyer, they only want to do business with the seller of goods, because the seller pays the bills. <hr /></blockquote>

Look at the description page. The cue was never auctioned off through Ebay. It was pulled by the seller before the auction deadline. The deal was negotiated on the side, as Chris said. You can't expect Ebay to get involved.

Fran

Fran Crimi
08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
That's really a shame, Chris. I hope your friend pursues it through legal action.

Fran

tateuts
08-15-2005, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> That's really a shame, Chris. I hope your friend pursues it through legal action.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, Fran. They're in Florida and he's in Washhington, so he is just going to write it off.

It's a shame because my friend Bill is just the kind of decent citizen you want to see collecting cues and doing well by it.

Chris

PQQLK9
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up Chris. Notice how they used the word "point" in the description.

"There are ivory ovals in the butt sleeve and the point, being pierced by a black line."

tateuts
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Thanks for the heads up Chris. Notice how they used the word "point" in the description.

"There are ivory ovals in the butt sleeve and the point, being pierced by a black line." <hr /></blockquote>

I know it. You just have to laugh at that one. It gets even better, believe me. All we're missing is curly Joe.

Chris